FT Hood Timeline

mikenikes

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Howdy y'all. Figured I'd post my timeline, things seem to have slowed down out of no where.

November 20 - Referred to MEB
December 5 - Put into IDES process
December 10 - Claimed conditions with MSC
January 2 - all C&P Exams complete and filed
January 23 - MEB Complete, signed NARSUM
February 20 - Received Unfit Memo from PEB (Memo was dated February 10) for C5-6 Radiculopathy/Cubital Tunnel and Rotator Cuff/Labrum tears

and nothing since. As of now, PEBLO can't tell me anything, VA can't tell me anything. I, like a lot of you I'm sure, are at a loss as to how to plan around this. My house is ready to go on the market, but at this point I don't know what to do. VA claim status online states July 5 (?!?!) as expected date of completion. Also shows the last update to my case was January 10th.

The VA also states that they have not received a request for ratings from the PEB, though it could be just the guy at the call center doesn't have access.

Any thoughts or ideas on anything that I can do at this point? Or is it truly just the waiting game?

Romero277

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Howdy y'all. Figured I'd post my timeline, things seem to have slowed down out of no where.

February 20 - Received Unfit Memo from PEB (Memo was dated February 10) for C5-6 Radiculopathy/Cubital Tunnel and Rotator Cuff/Labrum tears

and nothing since. As of now, PEBLO can't tell me anything, VA can't tell me anything. I, like a lot of you I'm sure, are at a loss as to how to plan around this. My house is ready to go on the market, but at this point I don't know what to do. VA claim status online states July 5 (?!?!) as expected date of completion. Also shows the last update to my case was January 10th.

The VA also states that they have not received a request for ratings from the PEB, though it could be just the guy at the call center doesn't have access.

Any thoughts or ideas on anything that I can do at this point? Or is it truly just the waiting game?
I’m in the same boat as you. My unfit memo is dated for the 19th Feb and I haven’t heard anything back yet. At this point I’m giving up on trying to check stuff everyday and just wait I guess. It is frustrating though so I understand what your going thru. Our dates are close so I’ll follow your case and compare it to mine. If I have any updates I’ll let you know.

mikenikes

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I’m in the same boat as you. My unfit memo is dated for the 19th Feb and I haven’t heard anything back yet. At this point I’m giving up on trying to check stuff everyday and just wait I guess. It is frustrating though so I understand what your going thru. Our dates are close so I’ll follow your case and compare it to mine. If I have any updates I’ll let you know.
It is quite frustrating at this point. I reached out to my MSC and he was "shocked" but couldn't do anything about it. I'll keep this updated if I hear anything back.

Also on the CMS Soldier Dashboard it now says "You do not have an open case", which is slightly terrifying.

Romero277

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
It is quite frustrating at this point. I reached out to my MSC and he was "shocked" but couldn't do anything about it. I'll keep this updated if I hear anything back.

Also on the CMS Soldier Dashboard it now says "You do not have an open case", which is slightly terrifying.
apparently the website it down. It’s saying that for me to so, yesterday I called my peblo cause it freaked me out and she told me it went down on Monday.

mikenikes

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
apparently the website it down. It’s saying that for me to so, yesterday I called my peblo cause it freaked me out and she told me it went down on Monday.
Oh, makes sense then. Had me worried a bit.

My only struggle is when I call the VA they say that no one has done anything with my claim since early January. They say I'm in the "Pending Decision Approval" phase, but they've said that for a month now.

I know all I can do is wait, but I still find myself calling and checking far too often. Have a job lined up and classes I need to register for, but I can't do anything concrete until I have my NLT date.

Romero277

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I was checking ebenifits like ten times a day. My Va.gov says I don’t have any claims submitted and it was bothering me so I called the va and they said it’s probably a website error. They didn’t give me any other information though. You seem more prepared than me I don’t have any jobs lined up because I don’t know when I’m getting out so I didn’t want to add that stress.

mikenikes

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I was checking ebenifits like ten times a day. My Va.gov says I don’t have any claims submitted and it was bothering me so I called the va and they said it’s probably a website error. They didn’t give me any other information though. You seem more prepared than me I don’t have any jobs lined up because I don’t know when I’m getting out so I didn’t want to add that stress.
Honestly I shouldn't have added the stress, without a firm timeline it's impossible to predict anything at this point.

25BangBanger21

Registered Member
I am currently in the MEB process here at Hood as well, about a month behind you all. I signed my NARSUM on Feb 27th but apparently I will be waiting a while because whoever signs them are backed up. I am pretty good at taking initiative and I have connections who are willing to assist me in getting employment as a contractor, but not having a solid timeline is causing fear good opportunities will fall by the wayside :(.

mikenikes

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Small update.. maybe?

March 24 - Called VA, they said that they received the request for ratings from the PEB yesterday (March 23)

Obviously that's a good sign that they finally got the Unfit Memo, however, anyone have any guidance for how long it may take from this point going forward for the VA to issue ratings? I understand it is far from an exact science, guestimations are appreciated at this point.

Cowboys8899

Registered Member
What number did you use to call the VA? When I call they say they don’t know anything about my ratings since it’s a medboard.

Romero277

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Small update.. maybe?

March 24 - Called VA, they said that they received the request for ratings from the PEB yesterday (March 23)

Obviously that's a good sign that they finally got the Unfit Memo, however, anyone have any guidance for how long it may take from this point going forward for the VA to issue ratings? I understand it is far from an exact science, guestimations are appreciated at this point.
im curious if anything on your ebenifits has changed now that you know they have your ratings? Mine has said preparation for decision since they sent my unfit memo but nothing has moved since then. Did you get a chance to look?

Cowboys8899

Registered Member
What number did you use to call the VA? When I call they say they don’t know anything about my ratings since it’s a medboard
Small update.. maybe?

So the VA didn’t receive a request for ratings for a whole month after you got your unfit? That’s very weird

mikem1977

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I am on day 56 of waiting on VA ratings and definitely would like to talk to someone at the VA also. When i ask my MSC i get the response back that this wait is normal

Oompahpa

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
From what I've learned through the Medboard Process is that VA Ratings wont show up on eBenefits until after you EAS. So that's probably not the best place to be looking for your ratings decision. Best of luck to everyone.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">