Ft. Meade Timeline

KEW

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
This is a current timeline for my case, initiated at Ft. Meade, went through Baltimore VA, then to Seattle VA.

Conditions: DDD, Adjustment Disorder w/Anxiety & Depression, Hypertension, and meralgia paresthetica.

Injury Aug 2011
Permanent Profile 19 July 2012
MEB Brief & Meet PEBLO 24 July 2012
VA Brief 25 July 2012
Referral to MEB 29 July 2012
VA Exam (Spine & Neuro) 08 August 2012
VA Exam (Mental) 10 August 2012
VA Exam (General) 17 August 2012
VA Exams turned into Dr. 21 August 2012
eBenefits status updated to "Review of Evidence" 21 August 2012
Dr.called stating NARSUM complete 22 August 2012
Received my NARSUM and C/P results 05 September 2012
Reviewed NARSUM, agreed with findings & signed. 06 September 2012
Paperwork sent to PEB for findings. - 14 September 2012
Found unfit by PEB, forwarded to VA. - 17 September 2012

eBenefits status updated, “Pending Decision Approval” 21 September 2012
proposed rating completed by VA, sent back to PEB 04 October 2012

Wow, that seems to be a very accelerated timeline. I started mine in July at Fort Bliss, and I am just now about to review and sign my comp. NARSUM, with very near the same diagnosis. Good luck with keeping it fast like this.

Hey I also have the same issues as you beside the meraigia paresthetica. How much was your rating for your other conditions I am curious to know what I may possibly get? Thanks and advance.

thanks mike, maybe the part where I have my congressman pushing my case helps ;), kwon, I havn't gotten my ratings yet I am waiting for them should be this week or next at the latest. I would recommend taking a look at the VASRD to see what your rating could be.

How did you get your congress person pushing yours? I'm curious because I would love to get my case moving. I started everything in June 2012 and have been waiting on my ratings for a month.

It was mainly a matter of me writing and calling my congressman and explaining to him how the hospital on base was messing up my paperwork and not making any progress, 1 week after that my doctor initiated the MEB, since then my case has been moving at a good speed thankfully.

Hopefully t doesn't cause them to be vindictive and try and screw you even more than they already do

Im at Ft Meade also and just received my NARSUM today. Going to legal since its all screwed up and appeal and have a second review. I believe I had the new Dr do mine for the first time.

My timeline for my shoulder is as follows:
Injury June 2011
MRI shows slight tear in the tendon and moderate tendonitis from Fort Leonard Wood
I go through physical therapy and get better.
I end up on orders to Fort Riley.
March 2012 my shoulder acts up again.
MRI shows slight tear in the tendon and mild tendonitis from Fort Riley
PA refers me to MEB July 24, 2012
July 30, 2012 my stuff goes to the VA
August 17, 2012 I do my NARSUM
September 17, 2012 my NARSUM is ready
September 21, 2012 my NARSUM comes back from physicians review
September 28, 2012 my NARSUM is read to me and I concur and sign it
September 28, 2012 my NARSUM gets sent to Fort Lewis.
Right now still waiting on decision. I hope it comes soon.

Is it appropriate to ask your Dr if your eligible for the MEB? I have some MH issues ( adjustment disorder, anxiety, depression) just started my treatment and started the Med about a month ago. I have documented L5/S1 issue, C6/7 issue, had 3 knee surgeries plus other issues.

Just not sure what to push for. I have close to 18 years Active Duty, and over 31 years total service.

Is it appropriate to ask your Dr if your eligible for the MEB? I have some MH issues ( adjustment disorder, anxiety, depression) just started my treatment and started the Med about a month ago. I have documented L5/S1 issue, C6/7 issue, had 3 knee surgeries plus other issues.

Just not sure what to push for. I have close to 18 years Active Duty, and over 31 years total service.
Mine didn't have a problem with it because of my injuries; definitely can't hurt to ask.

PCM gave me a P3 profile and I have now begun the MEB process. Will be meeting with the VA on monday. I love my PEBLO...she is very polite and knowledgable!!