General Questions (IDES)

jimmylangley

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I'll start off by saying my PEBLO is useless. Getting mixed signals and just generally confused on the whole ordeal. I was (RC) placed in the MEB and found unfit for PTSD and mTBI. My case was sent to the PEB. My claim in the VA was sent in on 08 APRIL and closed on 29 JUL. However, I didnt notice this due to the fact that nothing ever changed on the portal. When I called the VA to inquire about the closed claim they said they had to start it over...When I looked at the claimed items two new items had been added (Dependents). I was moved to prep for decision yesterday. The way I figured it up reading all the notes and comparing them against the ratings tables I think somewhere in the 90% area would be accurate (I also know Im not the VA)...no clue on DoD. Theres nothing that would suggest requests for separation documents so im not sure which way its going. The PEB may be waiting on the VA ratings to make their determination but again...my PEBLO is useless. Any guidance or directions would be greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, The general consensus is that 99% of PEBLOs are useless

Sorry for the lack of clarity. Bit upset when I wrote. Has anyone ever heard of a claim being entirely restarted just to add dependents?

Yes I've seen others post it. Think its pretty standard, just another step in the process.

Can anyone help me with this? Went through the whole process of the MEB/PEB, received my retirement date today. As of now I have 18 years AGR, 1405 time I have 1 year 10 months 20 days and with PTDY/Terminal leave that would give me 20 years plus 20 or so days. I was told that since going through the medical process you could use your 1405 and active duty time on the front end to get your 20 good years. Now I am being told DFAS is saying NO you can't. Does anyone have any insight on this?

Can anyone help me with this? Went through the whole process of the MEB/PEB, received my retirement date today. As of now I have 18 years AGR, 1405 time I have 1 year 10 months 20 days and with PTDY/Terminal leave that would give me 20 years plus 20 or so days. I was told that since going through the medical process you could use your 1405 and active duty time on the front end to get your 20 good years. Now I am being told DFAS is saying NO you can't. Does anyone have any insight on this?

I am in a very similar situation as you and I have been trying to find answers to this very question. Take a look at 10 USC Chapter 61 Statue 1201. That will drive you to 1208 which is "Computation of Service". There it says the sum of (A) Active Duty and (C) 502 of Chapter 32, this is your 1405 time.
Who originally told you that you could use 1405 time to make 20 TAFMS? What reference is DFAS using?

I am in a very similar situation as you and I have been trying to find answers to this very question. Take a look at 10 USC Chapter 61 Statue 1201. That will drive you to 1208 which is "Computation of Service". There it says the sum of (A) Active Duty and (C) 502 of Chapter 32, this is your 1405 time.
Who originally told you that you could use 1405 time to make 20 TAFMS? What reference is DFAS using?
Hello! I see this post is a few years old- Im wondering how this turned out for you? Thank you!