Getting out

Usndocgreen

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
So for anyone that has been through a peb and found unfit is there anything I can be doing to expedite my eas? Any courses, ppwk, using up leave etc...any advice appreciated

Not sure what you mean by "EAS"

I found the out processing took very little time. That may be different in the USN. Nothing happens very fast even after you accept the PEB's decision. Rejoicing you won, what I consider an uphill battle, barefooted, in the snow both way.

Not sure what you mean by "EAS"
End of Active Service (EAS) is the conclusion of the period of active duty commitment for a member of the United States Army or United States Air Force. The equivalent term for the US Navy, US Marine Corps and US Coast Guard is or End of Active Obligated Service (EAOS).

That acronym was not in use using my time in the service.

Ron

End of Active Service (EAS) is the conclusion of the period of active duty commitment for a member of the United States Army or United States Air Force. The equivalent term for the US Navy, US Marine Corps and US Coast Guard is or End of Active Obligated Service (EAOS).

That acronym was not in use using my time in the service.

Ron
Thanks for clarifying Ron. You would think with 17 years in the Army I would know that. Too many bumps to the old noggin I guess.

USNDocGreen,

I am going to make the assumption you are a Navy guy based on your handle, and I have little experience there. But I am currently going through the process in the Army. I am about to sign my 199 tomorrow. I am making the assumption for myself to 1) Make sure all of my out-processing stuff is in order so I can clear ASAP (turning in gear/equipment, getting a copy of clearing papers so that I can war-game how I am going to fly through the stations) and 2) Hit up my best-bud in the S1/HR department to make sure all of my leave/clearing paperwork is in order.

Other than that, I think it is pretty much out of your hands (outside of bringing in doughnuts to the personnel office) :)

Thanks for clarifying Ron. You would think with 17 years in the Army I would know that. Too many bumps to the old noggin I guess.

Hello,

We used another term that might have the same meaning:

In the United States military, ETS generally stands for “expiration – term of service” and is contained in each service member's contract. On the ETS date, a service member's current contract has expired and the service member is free to leave the military or sign a re-enlistment contract.

Ron

So for anyone that has been through a peb and found unfit is there anything I can be doing to expedite my eas? Any courses, ppwk, using up leave etc...any advice appreciated
Hi there. You can go ahead and start doing your separation checklist 1900/2, to include, 1900/2 separation questionnaire found on NSIPS, TAPS, Capstone, separation evaluation/FITREP. These are just a few things that come to mind, there may be more that you can go ahead and get a head start on. Maybe even look at doing your medical separation as well... Hearing conservation etc. Hope this helps a bit. Good luck!