GI Bill

OIFMedicPolarBear

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hello everyone,

I am currently trying to use my GI Bill. I got my first payment today but it is only for $199. That does not even cover my tuition. I was told that in the summer you only need 6 credit hours to be full time. I am taking two classes, one online and one at the school. I was told the Montgomery GI Bill will pay the same for online or at school. I had the choice of post 911 or Montgomery. So, I picked Montgomery. I am taking Drawing 1 and Music Appreciation. I am in a program. Associate in General Education. Both are electives within my program. Can anyone help me?

Romeodelta4366

Registered Member
Hello everyone,

I am currently trying to use my GI Bill. I got my first payment today but it is only for $199. That does not even cover my tuition. I was told that in the summer you only need 6 credit hours to be full time. I am taking two classes, one online and one at the school. I was told the Montgomery GI Bill will pay the same for online or at school. I had the choice of post 911 or Montgomery. So, I picked Montgomery. I am taking Drawing 1 and Music Appreciation. I am in a program. Associate in General Education. Both are electives within my program. Can anyone help me?
You should contact your VA rep at your school. Not sure why you would opt out of the post 9/11 because it pays out much more.

Romeodelta4366

Registered Member
Interesting. The payment structure is much higher for post 9/11 and I imagine if you're using this forum, youre most likely eligible for vocational rehab as well. Voc rehab gives you 12 months of additional benefits for "training" that leads to a job, which could be school.

THolleyH46

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
The Montgomery pays more monthly than 9/11. I had a kicker too. I don’t know how it works for online classes though. I think you get less for that. My Montgomery last paid about $2000 a month which was much more than BAH for my area was and my tuition wasn’t too expensive so it covered it.

OIFMedicPolarBear

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
The Montgomery pays more monthly than 9/11. I had a kicker too. I don’t know how it works for online classes though. I think you get less for that. My Montgomery last paid about $2000 a month which was much more than BAH for my area was and my tuition wasn’t too expensive so it covered it.
I was told you can take all online and get paid the same with MGIB
Right now I am doing 1 online and 1 at school.

Also I found a website called WAVE this morning and I guess the 199 was for last month. School started the 27th but this month should be the full amount.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">