Going into IRR during MEB

Streetscapetv

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hey all. So my MEB process has officially started. However, I hit my 6 years of active drilling back in OCT2019. I have not gone to drill due to my conditions, and my unit is also thinking that would be the best option. Is it possible for me to go into the IRR while the MEB is in process? No one at my unit can figure it out.

Are you in the Army (Reserves or NG?) then most likely they cannot send you to the IRR. It requires an approval process to transfer to the IRR and it has to be approved by the Chain of Command and have HRC Concurrence. Additionally since you started your MEB can't see anybody wanting to sign-off on that. Also it is better to have a command to fall back on if you have any issues. For example your unit can help you get orders if you need to go to medical appointments etc.

They may be someone out there that may have had specific experience dealing with this or give you more specific guidance.

There is a reg. out there I'm pretty sure of that says you don't have to attend drill during MEB process. My PEBLO told me I didn't have to and my readiness NCO the same he will code you when he puts in pay for the month. In my case I was on meds and such that precluded me from operating a motor vehicle at the time.

There is a reg. out there I'm pretty sure of that says you don't have to attend drill during MEB process. My PEBLO told me I didn't have to and my readiness NCO the same he will code you when he puts in pay for the month. In my case I was on meds and such that precluded me from operating a motor vehicle at the time.

Any chance you know what that reg is?