Greetings and Salutations

antknee77

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I've posted several times already, and read quite a bit on this forum. I just realized that I did not introduce myself, so for that I apologize. I have been in the military for almost 19 years (this October), been deployed 4 times, and have loved the Army with my heart and soul until the past two years. I have several medical issues, and the first thing they wanted to do was MEB. I tried to talk them out of it, because I would have been (and am) so close to retirement that I just wanted to stick it out to retire. I have been found unfit for PTSD, MDD, GAD, and all of the other medical terms that fall under that. What is the crazy part, is that I've had a tumor (benign) on my pituitary gland removed which caused it to stop working correctly, and now I have to take hormones for the rest of my life, that is considered fit. I have had episodes of syncopy multiple times a month for the past two years, ruled out as neurocardiogenic syncope, by a cardiologist, and that was considered fit. I ripped my rotator cuff partly on an static line jump, and fully tore it while in Afghanistan (putting 70lbs of body armor on over my head several times a day, then finally it tore fully when bench pressing), and they consider that fit, even though I have significant muscle atrophy and loss of range of motion in that arm, fit. None of it makes sense to me. The VA conducted a two day, half assed exam. I have jumped out of airplanes, rucked and ran more miles than I can even remember, with more weight that I couldn't beleive, so my ankles, knees and back are constantly swollen and painful, and all they did was conduct an Xray......an MRI would have shown them the real picture. My back has two bulging discs, and fractures in the L4,L5,S1 and that was considered fit by the Army, 20% from the VA. I am in my initial proposal phase and am appealing the VA (and may even appeal the Army) because of a 50% rating of my mental health listed above which they found me unfit, because I meet/have met the criteria for 70% according to their list. That is when everyone seems to turn their backs on you. I have served honorably for almost 19 years, and I get treated like a lowly private that is about to be chaptered from the Army. It saddens me. I have learned alot from this forum, and I tend to be long winded. What I do appreciate is that it seems you all take the time to read through my jabber and provide me with your experience and advice. I like that, so I stay on this board. Thank you, and I look forward to learning more so that I am not in the dark, since all of the medical professionals that are "on my side" talk in circles and will not ever give me a straight answer. This is an excellent board. I'm glad I found it.

I've posted several times already, and read quite a bit on this forum. I just realized that I did not introduce myself, so for that I apologize. I have been in the military for almost 19 years (this October), been deployed 4 times, and have loved the Army with my heart and soul until the past two years. I have several medical issues, and the first thing they wanted to do was MEB. I tried to talk them out of it, because I would have been (and am) so close to retirement that I just wanted to stick it out to retire. I have been found unfit for PTSD, MDD, GAD, and all of the other medical terms that fall under that. What is the crazy part, is that I've had a tumor (benign) on my pituitary gland removed which caused it to stop working correctly, and now I have to take hormones for the rest of my life, that is considered fit. I have had episodes of syncopy multiple times a month for the past two years, ruled out as neurocardiogenic syncope, by a cardiologist, and that was considered fit. I ripped my rotator cuff partly on an static line jump, and fully tore it while in Afghanistan (putting 70lbs of body armor on over my head several times a day, then finally it tore fully when bench pressing), and they consider that fit, even though I have significant muscle atrophy and loss of range of motion in that arm, fit. None of it makes sense to me. The VA conducted a two day, half assed exam. I have jumped out of airplanes, rucked and ran more miles than I can even remember, with more weight that I couldn't beleive, so my ankles, knees and back are constantly swollen and painful, and all they did was conduct an Xray......an MRI would have shown them the real picture. My back has two bulging discs, and fractures in the L4,L5,S1 and that was considered fit by the Army, 20% from the VA. I am in my initial proposal phase and am appealing the VA (and may even appeal the Army) because of a 50% rating of my mental health listed above which they found me unfit, because I meet/have met the criteria for 70% according to their list. That is when everyone seems to turn their backs on you. I have served honorably for almost 19 years, and I get treated like a lowly private that is about to be chaptered from the Army. It saddens me. I have learned alot from this forum, and I tend to be long winded. What I do appreciate is that it seems you all take the time to read through my jabber and provide me with your experience and advice. I like that, so I stay on this board. Thank you, and I look forward to learning more so that I am not in the dark, since all of the medical professionals that are "on my side" talk in circles and will not ever give me a straight answer. This is an excellent board. I'm glad I found it.

Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

No worries, and never default acceptance to any injustices! ;)

As such, we appreciate your dedicated service to this great nation! Take care and continue to enjoy life! :cool:

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!