Guard not on Active Duty - Orders

Bbird205

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I am just starting my IDES process. I already had a VA rating before this started, but my PEBLO said that I had to do a ratings review at the VA anyway. So I go to my "mandatory" appointment last week. The Comp and Pen liaison at the VA said that I should have been on orders because this was a mandatory appointment. She said that when my MSC made the appointment, she told him that and he just blew her off. I asked both my MSC and my PEBLO about getting orders for that day and both claim they have no idea what she is talking about. My PEBLO said that if I needed to be on orders, that it was my responsibility to handle that!
My questions are - Does anyone know if I am supposed to be on Active Duty for these "mandatory" appointments? I have to take off work for these and I can't imagine that Active Duty members are required to take leave for their appointments.
Does anyone have a guide on what the PEBLO's responsibilities are? My PEBLO is new and it is very obvious. He has yet to answer a question and just gets more and more upset every time I ask a question.
If it is my responsibility to handle this process on my own (which is what my PEBLO told me today), how do I find out what I am supposed to be doing?
Thanks for any help!

If you are going through the IDES process and you are a part timer ANG, you must have a line of duty (LOD) correct? You might be able to get title 10 orders but expect to be full time.

If you are going through the IDES process and you are a part timer ANG, you must have a line of duty (LOD) correct? You might be able to get title 10 orders but expect to be full time.
I do have an LOD. They asked me if I wanted to go on Medical orders, but I told them no. I have a full-time job. I'm only looking to get orders for the days that they are ordering me to take off of work and do something.

You will not get Title 10 orders, however if you let your Unit Admin know about the appointments in advance, they can put you on IDT orders for the day.