Guess the Bottleneck

matt.edward.jones

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Recent timeline for ARNG (processed at Fort Gordon). Can you guess the bottleneck? I love my VA health care and my VAMC, but c'mon VBA...

37 days spent on DoD board and admin actions (and 10 of those days were because I delayed signing NARSUM)
196 days waiting on VA appts and decisions.

Credit where credit is due. DoD and service did what they could to keep things moving when they could.

usarmy68e

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I am at Fort Gordon myself currently, and at least yours has moved pretty well!

Attachments

PEBMember2017

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Been seeing the VA Rating bottleneck a lot. It's discouraging; with a 15 day slated goal, they are way behind and getting ever worse.

fwak1234

Registered Member
Were you previously rated by the VA? I am about to start my MEB process and am already rated 80%. My BH LOD was finally signed (after four months) yesterday morning. My ratings were updated September of 2018 with an increase from 40% to 70% for PTSD and 10% to 20% for my shoulder. Which are the two things I am being MEB for.

matt.edward.jones

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I was rated for one condition for several years and nothing changed before/after this process. That's probably why DOD was so quick with their end, it was pretty straightforward

fwak1234

Registered Member
Good to know. So you had to be rated for new things by the VA and that's what the hold up was for you. Good to know, thank you.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">