Happy Birthday, PEB FORUM! 5 years and going strong

Jason Perry

Founder and Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
5 years ago, while I was getting ready to leave active duty as an Army JAG, I created this site.

I am so very happy to have been part of helping all who have needed assistance facing the military Disability Evaluation System. While the site offers information, references, and discussions, I really believe that a key part of the community is the sharing and help offered to each other. It is the members here that really set us apart from simply being a site with references. Thanks to everyone who has contributed and helped others!

This is a good time to lay out where we are and where I think we are going.

First, I am happy to say that we have more than 17,000 registered members here! Not everyone posts, but by the same measure, not everyone registers as a member. I suspect we have probably many times that number in people who visit and read, but have not joined. Whatever the numbers, I think it is clear that we have helped countless folks here. That is a great accomplishment.

In the past few months, we have moved to a new software platform. While I am happier with our current software than our previous software, I think we are still "transitioning." I am not happy with the lack of a downloads or resources link and I would like to get back some of the Albums/Photo Gallery functionality we had before. Software addons are being developed by the good folks at XenForo (the software we use to run the site), and over the next few months, you will see improvements. Already, I am very happy with both the improved Search functions and the notifications that allow people to follow threads or people that interest them.

As far as our longetivity, I have written before that I will maintain this site for as long as there is a need (i.e., I see problems with the system or people are not getting the information they are entitled to have when making important decisions about their health and military career). After 2008, I was unsure if the improvements made as a result of the 2008 National Defense Authorization Act would make us obsolete. If only that were true. It seems like many of the same issues exist now, even with the Integrated Disability Evaluation System in place. So, I suspect we will be here for years or decades to come. In the future, I intend on posting some more substantive posts on IDES specific issues and working to improve the site further. I hope all those who need the help or can offer help to others will stick with us for the ride.

Thanks for a great first 5 years!

THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING! This site has helped soooo much!!! Congratulations!!!

Jason,

Again, I thank you for your dedication and continued service to the men and women that vow to give their very souls to protect our American way of life.

This forum has filled a void that should be displayed, emulated, as well as recommended by the DOD.

Jason,
I have to say that this site has been a great help. Not just because of all the information that I and others have been able to find out about the process, but also for the support of fellow soldiers and vets going thru the same processes. Thank you so much for setting it up, maintaining it, and allowing it to continue. God Bless.

Jason,

Thanks to you this site has if anything allows those of us a place to vent our frustrations in the process. It offers us the unique ability to actually find out from others in the same exact situations how the processes work and what to expect. If not for this site, I would be going off the previous "knowledge" of my supervision who to this point have proven useless. I hope this site continues to grow, and become a standard depot for those in need of help. You have truly helped a lot of people and others on here that have continued to stick around long after their cases have been finalized is what those of us still in this situation need. I know I plan to personally stay around and see what can be done to help others once i'm finished, and possibly even look into a job with my local VA or VFW to help those in this exact particular situation. AGAIN thanks for everything you do and the community.

v/r
Klamsnacks!

Jason,

I don't post often but this has been a great resource for me personally. Thank you so much for all that you and your site has done for all of us.

Respectfully,
Theresa

Knowledge is power. Knowing what you are up against can make you or break you. I came to this forum to be a contributor. But I have been pleasantly surprised to learn things. There is a vast amount of knowledge in this forum.

This website has really carried me through this process. I check it regularly and try to help others with information that I can. I will continue to post and assist even after I am out of the military. I cannot even begin to elaborate on how benefical this forum has been to myself and I am sure many others. Thank you so much for your hard work on all of our behalf! I honestly do not know how I would have made it through the last several months without this site! The wealth of knowledge is tremendous and I hope to see this site continue to grow!

WOO HOO HAPPY BIRTHDAY...... GOD BLESS THIS FORUM FOR BEING ONE OF THE TRUE LIFE LINES FOR OUR NATIONS DEFENDERS

THANK YOU JASON FOR ALL YOU DO :D