!!HELP!! Dual Processing PEB and ADMIN SEP

DPC Jake

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
***BLUF: RECOMMENDED FOR ADMIN SEP (ONE YEAR SUSPENSION) AT THE TAIL END OF THE PEB PROCESS. RECEIVING CONTRADICTING GUIDANCE ON WHICH WAY THIS WILL PAN OUT.***

I began the MEB process this spring and my command was resisting submitting my NMA. I'm active duty Navy for 9 years. After leveraging the PEBLO and MEB attorney, my current command relented and finally submitted my NMA. My referred conditions (as posted before) are Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, and Parasomnia.

Two months later, it turns out I took one of my wife's sleeping prescriptions (non-narcotic) and popped on urinalysis for benzodiazepines. This intel is what led to my command dragging their feet. My defense was innocent ingestion and it was legitimate. I had the same prescription years back, but my neurologist kiboshed my use of it due to medication interactions. This didn't bother me as I actively seek to eliminate the amount of medicine I pump into my body. Once it got to the command level, I denied Captain's Mast and requested court-martial.

I was VERY confident that the allegations would be dismissed. However, an Administrative Separation Board was conducted and the unanimous finding was:
MISCONDUCT; ADMIN SEPARATION WITH 12 MONTH SUSPENSION; GENERAL UNDER HONORABLE DISCHARGE. I was forwarded to the VA with an UNFIT finding days before this happened. As of writing this, I'm simply waiting for the findings to be delivered. VA prelims and PEB QA are showing complete according to my PEBLO. My faith in the Navy has never wavered in my career, but now I'm completely devoid of confidence in the USN. I just want to move on.

My JAG advised me that the 12 month suspension would allow my PEB to finish and if I separated (either medically retired of separation) before the decision was finalized (has to be signed by a FLAG) and/or the 12 month suspension finished, I would be able to pop smoke and discharge as if the ADMIN SEP BOARD had never occurred. All of that being said, IS THIS IN FACT THE CASE? The potential outcomes as I see them are below. If anyone sees issues with them or can offer advice I would greatly appreciate it.

>PEB MED SEP-DETACH ASAP
>PEB MED RET-DETACH ASAP
>ADMIRAL DISAGREES WITH 12 MONTH SUSPENSION AND I'M ADMIN SEP'D IMMEDIATELY
>ADMINISTRATIVE BOARD TRUMPS MEDICAL AND I'M FORCE TO STAY IN FOR ANOTHER YEAR
>ADMINISTRATIVE BOARD IS TRUMPED BY MEDICAL DUE TO PARASOMNIA EXTENT AND POTENTIALLY HAVING CONSUMED WIFE'S RX WILL SLEEP-WALKING

Confused,
DPCJ

oddpedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
I think you nailed all the possible conclusions if you want me to take a guess it's typically not common for the services to push these things down the road and look for the quickest resolution rather good or bad.

Usndocgreen

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hello there,
Whatever happened to your situation. Mine is different but I have found myself on legal hold past when I should have separated. Pers is “holding” my retirement orders. Just curious whether happened with you?

Doc

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">