Help with current IDES/LDES regs

mighty

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hey all,
I'm currently 100 % P&T for PTSD, (as well as rated for other ailments) Im in the start of a MEB, but I'm being told I can't choose between LDES/IDES. Told I have to request a waiver signed by an MTF commander for a specific type of hardship it would cause(Exception To Policy). And protecting current VA rating isn't a viable reason. Was referenced to some 2 plus year old MEDCOM memo stating such (Feb 2018). Now I'm on suspense and have 3 days left. Either just get out and live with my benefits as is, or extend and take my chances in IDES. I Feel like I have no where to get proper info. Everything I've read indicates being able to choose one or the other. I do not want to go through a VA C&P when I'm T&P.. Please advise!! TY

Josh C

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I just spoke with a lawyer through the AOC for free and he said it would be in my best interest to go through the LDES and he signed a paper. My PEBLO sent that to the MTF commander and he signed and agreed and that worked for me.

mighty

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Thanks for your reply. I’m being told that it’s basically a zero chance I’d get put in LDES and was also told by a private attorney and the OSC attorney to go IDES anyway. OSC says I can go IDES without losing VA 100 P&T by not filing out VA/DOD joint claim form. VA21-0819. I’m skeptical of that bc what I’m being referred to meb for is what I’m 100 P&T for.

Josh C

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Thanks for your reply. I’m being told that it’s basically a zero chance I’d get put in LDES and was also told by a private attorney and the OSC attorney to go IDES anyway. OSC says I can go IDES without losing VA 100 P&T by not filing out VA/DOD joint claim form. VA21-0819. I’m skeptical of that bc what I’m being referred to meb for is what I’m 100 P&T for.
I went through the LDES and was just separated in NOV. You can do it the MED group commander and a lawyer has to sign off that you understand what you are doing and that you except the results.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">