Hickam MEB Process -PTSD/BIPOLAR/ANXIETY ETC

Stopped by PEBLO officer today and I was told my case would go to the local board tomorrow! I have been told my case would go to the local board for about two months now. Stupid broken system.

I have been to two IOP programs.

Stopped by PEBLO officer today and I was told my case would go to the local board tomorrow! I have been told my case would go to the local board for about two months now. Stupid broken system.

Well best of luck...if Your case actually gets reviewed.

Every time I go by the office the doors closed.

I didn’t know you could do two programs. Did you do them at two different locations?

They've had my exams since the 30th of Aug.. Due to issues w/ the PCMs they are JUST know getting around to trying to get everything signed off to meet the board today.. Hopefully i'll make the cut.. I'll follow up tomorrow.. Best of luck!

They've had my exams since the 30th of Aug.. Due to issues w/ the PCMs they are JUST know getting around to trying to get everything signed off to meet the board today.. Hopefully i'll make the cut.. I'll follow up tomorrow.. Best of luck!
Did you hear anything?

Did you hear anything?

I had an appointment w/ mental health on Friday and told them about the delays.. my doc called over and is having my file ‘walked’ throw... also I was offered to be sent to a AMTU closer to my family until everything is finalized... Did you meet the board?

** Updated Timeline***

MH NARSUM To PEBLO – Mar 19

RILO Notification – 13 May 19

Commander Letter Signed 22 May

AFPC Directs Full MEB – 31 May

MEB/ PEBLO Brief/Selected IDES: 4 June

Case Submitted To MSC: 10 Jul

MSC Claims – 1 Aug

C&P Exams Scheduled -7 Aug

C&P Exams Completed- 12-15 Aug

PEBLO received C&P exam results – 30 Aug

Exams Sent To PCM For Review/Amend NARSUM 18 Sep

Amend NARSUM Sent To Local MEB Board 20 Sep

Meet w/ PEBLO and Sign AF 618 24 Sep

** Updated Timeline***

MH NARSUM To PEBLO – Mar 19

RILO Notification – 13 May 19

Commander Letter Signed 22 May

AFPC Directs Full MEB – 31 May

MEB/ PEBLO Brief/Selected IDES: 4 June

Case Submitted To MSC: 10 Jul

MSC Claims – 1 Aug

C&P Exams Scheduled -7 Aug

C&P Exams Completed- 12-15 Aug

PEBLO received C&P exam results – 30 Aug

Exams Sent To PCM For Review/Amend NARSUM 18 Sep

Amend NARSUM Sent To Local MEB Board 20 Sep

Meet w/ PEBLO and Sign AF 618 24 Sep
What is AF 618 for? I’m about go through the MEB process as well.

What is AF 618 for? I’m about go through the MEB process as well.

The 618 is what they use to record the results of the local board and all disqualifying conditions.. You review it along with all of the other documentation sent up for your MEB before it goes off for ratings. Are you also doing your MEB through Hickam?

I signed my 618 today.. Have you heard anything?
I’m soooooo not in your league...I’m still waiting to have a full MEB directed an thePEBLO in brief.

I’m soooooo not in your league...I’m still waiting to have a full MEB directed an thePEBLO in brief.
Same boat my package just went to AFPC yesterday for the second time.

Same boat my package just went to AFPC yesterday for the second time.

Not at Hickman, but one thing that I learned along the way, was that I would be told that my C&P exams would be mailed to me. I never got the documents in the mail. But I did get a phone call from my PEBLO asking if I received the documents, I said no, she said that I had a C&P exam earlier that day that I missed.
I asked how was I supposed to know about the appointment? I had also sent her an email earlier that week with no response, and one a week or two earlier, both these emails specifically asked about the C&P exams. Her response was that she didn't know why I hadn't been contacted. I asked if I could reschedule the missed appointment? She said no that they will not rescheduled missed appointments. I am guessing that she didn't want to do the paperwork that would ultimately reflect that she was derelict in her duties. But after the phone call she responded to my previous emails with my C&P exams time and place, but no other paperwork was attached. So I was unaware that I was supposed to bring a packet to my exams that was already filled out. I never got to reschedule those missed exams and when my ratings came back, the board specifically called out the missed exams, because all the information that the board had was "member failed to attend appointment" there was nothing in there about me requesting a new exam, which I formally did in an email to my PEBLO after the phone call.

Bottom line, is if you are able stay on top of your process. The paper work that the PEBLO sent over specifically said NOT to bring any medical records to my exams. Well I brought them anyways and the Dr.'s said that they appreciate the records as they have not received anything from the DoD, and they were very helpful.

BTW I never did receive anything in the mail, including my finalized ratings after retirement. I got those through Ebenefits and actually got those back fast, about 3 weeks and went from TDRL to PDRL so that was nice.

Not at Hickman, but one thing that I learned along the way, was that I would be told that my C&P exams would be mailed to me. I never got the documents in the mail. But I did get a phone call from my PEBLO asking if I received the documents, I said no, she said that I had a C&P exam earlier that day that I missed.
I asked how was I supposed to know about the appointment? I had also sent her an email earlier that week with no response, and one a week or two earlier, both these emails specifically asked about the C&P exams. Her response was that she didn't know why I hadn't been contacted. I asked if I could reschedule the missed appointment? She said no that they will not rescheduled missed appointments. I am guessing that she didn't want to do the paperwork that would ultimately reflect that she was derelict in her duties. But after the phone call she responded to my previous emails with my C&P exams time and place, but no other paperwork was attached. So I was unaware that I was supposed to bring a packet to my exams that was already filled out. I never got to reschedule those missed exams and when my ratings came back, the board specifically called out the missed exams, because all the information that the board had was "member failed to attend appointment" there was nothing in there about me requesting a new exam, which I formally did in an email to my PEBLO after the phone call.

Bottom line, is if you are able stay on top of your process. The paper work that the PEBLO sent over specifically said NOT to bring any medical records to my exams. Well I brought them anyways and the Dr.'s said that they appreciate the records as they have not received anything from the DoD, and they were very helpful.

BTW I never did receive anything in the mail, including my finalized ratings after retirement. I got those through Ebenefits and actually got those back fast, about 3 weeks and went from TDRL to PDRL so that was nice.

Yea that sucks, I received a call for my C&P exams and had docs mailed to my home to take with me. My PEBLO printed me a copy of all of my completed exams and notes for my records.. I agree with your bottom line.. you HAVE to stay on top of them you HAVE to.. I've gotten my MH provider involved and they have ruffled enough feathers that when i went to go sign my 618 yesterday their SGH attended the meeting to ensure i was getting the support i needed... @Hawaii5-0 Speaky wheels gets the oil man.. Keep pushing.. ICE them.. do what you need to do in order to get the answers you need!

The 618 is what they use to record the results of the local board and all disqualifying conditions.. You review it along with all of the other documentation sent up for your MEB before it goes off for ratings. Are you also doing your MEB through Hickam?
Not at Hickman.Fort Leavenworth via Whiteman AFB it’s been a weird process for me.