Hickam MEB Process -PTSD/BIPOLAR/ANXIETY ETC

mchambers87

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Has anyone went gone through the IDES process while stationed at Hickam? It seems as though I am running into a lot of snags:

MEB Timeline:

MH declared MEB December 18/ January 19
NARSUM Done March 2019

** Referring provider fell ill and had to leave island due to her illness; 2nd provider's contract ended and he was behind on NARSUMs **

Commanders Impact statement signed and returned 22 May
** Following up with the MEB office when they 'realized' they had not sent my Commander's Impact Statement Out. On top of my command kinda slow rolling it :-/ They were also TDY a lot during this time**

AFPC Directs Full MEB: 31 Ma
y
**Was not officially notified by the MEB office until the 13th and this was because i went to their office)

Met w/ PEBLO and Selected IDES – 4 June
Medical requested 4 June.. Received 8 July

** Checked in with the MEB office and was told by the E5 that my records had not been requested because the E3 was on leave, requested my records on the spot, got them back the same day**

Docs Sent to VA 10 Jul
**30 July after stopping by the MEB office twice for a status FINALLY got word that one of the forms submitted, needed to be corrected (VA Form); Also told that the VA should be contacting me before the week is out**

Just looking for some insight.. I am on top of the MEB office but it seems like they are more reactive than proactive.. It's always when i am there in their faces do they do what they need to do..

Has anyone went gone through the IDES process while stationed at Hickam? It seems as though I am running into a lot of snags:

MEB Timeline:

MH declared MEB December 18/ January 19
NARSUM Done March 2019

** Referring provider fell ill and had to leave island due to her illness; 2nd provider's contract ended and he was behind on NARSUMs **

Commanders Impact statement signed and returned 22 May
** Following up with the MEB office when they 'realized' they had not sent my Commander's Impact Statement Out. On top of my command kinda slow rolling it :-/ They were also TDY a lot during this time**

AFPC Directs Full MEB: 31 May
**Was not officially notified by the MEB office until the 13th and this was because i went to their office)

Met w/ PEBLO and Selected IDES – 4 June
Medical requested 4 June.. Received 8 July

** Checked in with the MEB office and was told by the E5 that my records had not been requested because the E3 was on leave, requested my records on the spot, got them back the same day**

Docs Sent to VA 10 Jul
**30 July after stopping by the MEB office twice for a status FINALLY got word that one of the forms submitted, needed to be corrected (VA Form); Also told that the VA should be contacting me before the week is out**

Just looking for some insight.. I am on top of the MEB office but it seems like they are more reactive than proactive.. It's always when i am there in their faces do they do what they need to do..

Hello,

I'm also station at Hickam and going through the MEB process. It is frustrating and I have been in this MEB for almost a year. I finished my C and P exams last month and have not heard anything else from the PEBLO.

Hello,

I'm also station at Hickam and going through the MEB process. It is frustrating and I have been in this MEB for almost a year. I finished my C and P exams last month and have not heard anything else from the PEBLO.

I finally got a call from the MSC yesterday and will be meeting w/ her tomorrow. how long did it take for you to get your C&P appointments after you met w/ the MSC

Hello,

I meet with the MSC on 21 May, I finished my last C and P exam on June 16. I had 5 exams total and 32 claims. The Wounded Warrior Project at Tripler helped me filed my claims. Let me know how everything goes, at the moment I'm waiting on my ratings, but I also lost hope in the system is too slow.

Hello,

I meet with the MSC on 21 May, I finished my last C and P exam on June 16. I had 5 exams total and 32 claims. The Wounded Warrior Project at Tripler helped me filed my claims. Let me know how everything goes, at the moment I'm waiting on my ratings, but I also lost hope in the system is too slow.

Completed C&P exams last week on the 15th.. Just waiting now.. Have you heard anything on your ratings?

Completed C&P exams last week on the 15th.. Just waiting now.. Have you heard anything on your ratings?

Nothing yet, I stopped by PEBLO office yesterday. I was told that my case was going to be presented to the local board today. Still waiting for rating since June 16.

Nothing yet, I stopped by PEBLO office yesterday. I was told that my case was going to be presented to the local board today. Still waiting for rating since June 16.

Wow! Do you know when the VA sent them your package? I was there Monday and they said the local boards are held every Wednesday.. so I can’t imagine that they have had it since June and did nothing that would be just horrible!

I recommend going there at least once a week (I do) just because they sit on things because one is out or they needed to request something and it’s not until you are in their faces they actually request it

Wow! Do you know when the VA sent them your package? I was there Monday and they said the local boards are held every Wednesday.. so I can’t imagine that they have had it since June and did nothing that would be just horrible!

I recommend going there at least once a week (I do) just because they sit on things because one is out or they needed to request something and it’s not until you are in their faces they actually request it

Honestly I lost hope on this process, I also check with them periodically, but most times they are always out of the office. Instead of losing my mind and snapping on one of them I just go to my medical appointments an do the minimum.

Honestly I lost hope on this process, I also check with them periodically, but most times they are always out of the office. Instead of losing my mind and snapping on one of them I just go to my medical appointments an do the minimum.

Any word??

Any word??

Nothing yet, I was told by my VSO at Tripler that my claim keeps getting reassigned form Seattle to Hawaii. Have not heard any word from the PEBLO regarding the local board that took place last Wednesday. Playing the waiting game since August 2018.

I have not :-/ I'm honestly about to go up there.. they have resiliency day tomorrow and off on Friday.. I emailed yesterday.. no word.. I think it's time for me to make a trip..

Nothing yet, I was told by my VSO at Tripler that my claim keeps getting reassigned form Seattle to Hawaii. Have not heard any word from the PEBLO regarding the local board that took place last Wednesday. Playing the waiting game since August 2018.

What number did you call for the VSO's office? The number i have is disconnected.

What number did you call for the VSO's office? The number i have is disconnected.

I did my claims through the Wounded Warrior Project at Tripler. They have a criteria and requirements in order to be able to be a part of their organization. I think you have to be actually wounded in combat or have a diagnosed for PTSD. If you go to Tripler on the first floor VA wing there are many VSO's there and different veteran organizations.

I did my claims through the Wounded Warrior Project at Tripler. They have a criteria and requirements in order to be able to be a part of their organization. I think you have to be actually wounded in combat or have a diagnosed for PTSD. If you go to Tripler on the first floor VA wing there are many VSO's there and different veteran organizations.

I got ahold of them.. My exams were released today.. headed to Hickam tomorrow.. I dont think i will make next weeks local board.. so i'll follow up after the 11th :)

Hey! Have you heard anything? My package should be meeting the local board tomorrow.. not sure if it will though.. hope you are further along in your process
Good luck. I’m starting the process now.
That PEBLO office is understaffed. The Hickam Med group leadership doesn’t think the PEBLO is an important position. I’m surprised they don’t have a full time GS-12 or Officer full time in there. Instead they place an NCO & first term airman in the office expecting them to gain subject experties via OJT. That’s a lot of responsibility considering it’s peoples careers at stake & a total failure of leadership. im just happy that we have Jason’s PEB forum to discuss our cases and learn what’s supposed to happen.

Haven't heard anything either, and I agree with the PEBLO office being understaffed. I'm not at Hickam for this entire month, reporting to Schofield for the month of September. I will check again on the first week of October, I figured it out if they really need to contact me they can always give me a call, tired of stressing out over this stupid MEB. I have 2 more new claims and will submit next month with my VSO at Tripler.

Haven't heard anything either, and I agree with the PEBLO office being understaffed. I'm not at Hickam for this entire month, reporting to Schofield for the month of September. I will check again on the first week of October, I figured it out if they really need to contact me they can always give me a call, tired of stressing out over this stupid MEB. I have 2 more new claims and will submit next month with my VSO at Tripler.

Let me know how that program is. I have a flier for it but not sure it’s for me.