Historical Claims Closed

lele336

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Checked ebenefits website a few days ago 9-10-15 and my case was closed under historical claims status.
Date shows 9-8-2015 status closed development letter sent and decision notification sent. Recently 8-19-2015 medical retirement status started so I was expecting to see a change, but when I called the 800 number the rep told me my case was still in the decision phase. Also under work in progress I see claim status preparation for decision 8-19-2015 which is my retirement date and 3 weeks before 9-8-2015 case closed on ebenefits historical claims. I have yet to receive a letter in the mail but it's only been 5 days. I will call again tomorrow but if anyone has any ideas on what may be going on great.

I have been waiting for a letter. Have been told by the 1-800 number that they can not tell you anything over the phone "privacy issues" until it has been 10 or more MAILING days. mine was mailed out the 2nd. very frustrating.

Mine ended up having 5 closed claims. These closed claims seemed to be random variations of the complete claim, appeared randomly, and existed in conjunction with the open claim, which continued in various pending statuses until everything was done. Things weren't done until there was no longer an open claim. I have no idea how or why the various closed claims were made, but they seemed to have no effect on the overall progress. Ebenefits has some oddities.