home awaiting orders

dwagneremt

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I was wondering if any has done the home awaiting orders do the backlog of the VA or has any info on it. My Peblo mentioned something about it the one time I spoke with him and I checked with my case manager about it and she said the only thing she could find was a WTU policy as there is not a division policy on it at Ft Drum. I went and talked to MEB legal counsel yesterday to see if you could answer my questions about it and he forwarded me to the Ombudsman. I spoke with the Ombudsman today and he said he would have to look into it because as far as he knows they have suspended all administrative leave until the can get the policy cleared up and that it maybe on a case by case basis. Im just wondering if anyone has done this or knows anything more about it. Im just tired of wasting my life and time going into work and sitting there doing nothing and getting asked the same questions weekly about when are you getting out of here. With the way things at the VA are going Im not expecting miracles anytime soon. I have been waiting since Jan 22 and just want to start the next chapter of my life. I know there are people waiting longer than I have been but Im over the whole IDES process. I have also seen and heard of people whos cases have gone up way after mine and have gotten their proposed ratings back and are out already. Sorry for the rant. Any help would be appreciated thank you.

Thank you. Is there a memorandum format to request the PCS orders and when my leave days run out I am then just on an authorized leave of absence or do I have to return do to running out of leave days. Also would I still be on their books or would I drop off their books and they would get a replacement for me. Im just trying to figure out the best way to sell this to the commander. Is it considered an actual PCS move where I would clear post and everything before leaving and just drive back up here to sign the 199 when it finally comes in and do the exit interview? I know from looking at the VAs ratings and what the MEB lawyer told me yesterday I dont think Ill becoming back at 30% or higher so I wouldn't have to worry about the retirement briefings.

I honestly have no answers about the specifics of it. Maybe try asking your S1.

Back