Honorable Discharge to Medical Discharge Possible?

Hello. I was wondering if I could get some information pertaining to if it is possible to change the disposition of an honorable discharge to a medical discharge post-transition. The reason I got out is I was dealing with a lot of medical issues which I knew were virtually making it impossible to continue on with my service but rather than be a squeaky wheel I toughed it out until my ETS date and finally spilled the beans on most of my problems during my separation physical. I was that guy who'd rather fix a wound with 100mph tape than go to sick call. So I ETS'd in Aug of 2016 and within a few months was awarded a VA disability rating of 60%. Fast forward two years and I am at 90% (The biggest changes are I had a mis-diagnosed insomnia rating which was changed to the correct diagnosis, PTSD with a completely separate rating for sleep apnea).

I believe that I should have been medically separated but me being my stubborn self, wasn't the squeaky wheel when I was transitioning and took the path of least resistance (in my mind).

I guess I was hoping maybe y'all could help me understand my options; if I have any.

If you need any further information I'm more than happy to provide it!

It is possible. But forget the 90%. Changing a discharge would be based on your condition at the time of discharge. So what drove your 60% rating. Look at your service guidance for retention. Would that 60% have been fitting or unfitting?

The BCMR rarely ever grants it and I can only recall one member here that succeeded in it often the Veteran has to prove some wrongdoing on part of the DOD not being more outspoken about your condition doesn't usually meet that bar.