How detailed should I be when filling out the final physical paperwork?

austin7142

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I was on a Med Board that ended up being canceled. I'm now doing the final physical and am filling out "DD Form 2807-1 Report of Medical History". On box 29 it tells you to provide an explanation of all the questions you answered YES to. Should I be super detailed with it, or would saying something like" "e. Shortness of breath: 23 Mar 2018 GIBSON, TODD EDWARD, Please see military record" be fine? I also have a list of everything the Lawyer/MSC found in my medical records and submitted to the VA, back from when I was on a Med Board. Could I just put this as my explanation, or include it in addition? What should I do?

Box 29 on the form
1614822091201.png

List of everything the Lawyer/MSC found

1614823852270.png

Attachments

• 1614823843873.png
    1614823843873.png
    49.2 KB · Views: 6

austin7142

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
A diagnosis or symptom along with a reference to your medical records should suffice. I would not skip any diagnoses or symptoms.
So one of the questions asks if I've ever had Hay Fever. I have a diagnosis for it (Chronic Rhinitis) which was diagnosed on the 20th of Jul.

Would just saying "Chronic Rhinitis on 20 Jul 2020" be sufficient? Or how should you word it?

austin7142

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I think you are on Target.
So here's what I've put down so far. Does this look fine you think? I do have a current diagnosis for both URI & Chronic Rhinitis. But is just simply putting that in for most of those questions good enough?

10d. Asthma or any breathing problems related to exercise, weather, pollens, etc:
Acute upper respiratory infection, unspecified on 17 Jan 2018
10e. Shortness of breath: Acute upper respiratory infection, unspecified on 23 Mar 2018
10g. Wheezing or problems with wheezing: Acute upper respiratory infection, unspecified on 17 Jan 2018
10h. Been prescribed or used an inhaler: Acute upper respiratory infection, unspecified on 17 Jan 2018
10j. Sinusitis: Acute upper respiratory infection, unspecified on 17 Jan 2018
10k. Hay Fever: Chronic rhinitis on 20 Jul 2020 (allergy-like symptoms)

1614971589159.png

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Only change is I would specify the inhaler. Sometimes a particular medication drives a minimum rating.

austin7142

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Only change is I would specify the inhaler. Sometimes a particular medication drives a minimum rating.
Okay I'll go ahead and add it thanks. Also, should I describe how any of the conditions impact my daily activities/lifestyle - temporary profile, work restrictions, how often I use the inhaler, episode duration, etc.? Or it is better as is?

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
I think adding the medication name is the only change necessary.

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
The reviewer will work primarily from your DBQs. The notations are primarily to verify SC of your illnesses. On AD, SC is presumed so long as bad conduct did not result in the illness/injury.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">