How long did your Migraine MEB/PEB take?

PDXJosh

PEB Forum Regular Member
Greetings fellow Migraineurs,

I've seen a few people ask around the forums as to how long the process for migraines takes/took. Figured I would take a stab at starting a place for those of us who have been through the process to post our time lines.

Regardless of your final outcome (fit, TDRL, severance, EPTS), or if you're still in the process, this is a place to post a rough time line of your experience.

By posting this information, it may help calm the nerves of those who will certainly follow...

Here goes, along with the original post that got me thinking about this thread:

Vtrice001,
Im trying to figure out how long the process is to diagnose migraines, treatment length and so on...How long do yall think it will take?
Aug 06--Started getting migraines after inhaling/breathing burning electronics onboard my aircraft for about an hour during an OEF/OIF deployment. Subsequently DNIF'ed for "headaches."
Dec 06--Diagnosed by neurologist: "classic migraine w/ aura" (VASRD code 8100).
Jan 07--Doc informed me of the pending MEB & initiated the MEB process
Apr 07--Package was submitted to IPEB.
Jun 07--I received results from the IPEB (50% VASRD code 8100)
Aug 07--Discharged into the TDRL program.

Next medical examination--
Feb 09--Postponed from original exam appointment of Nov 08
Jun 09--I received the PEB results :confused: (0% VASRD code 8100, w/ severance)
I immediately RSVP'ed with a large "X" indicating my intent to challenge/fight the results.
Jul 09--Received orders to meet FPEB in Sep 09.
Hired PEB lawyer Jason Perry (google "peb lawyer").
Sep 09--Traveled to San Antonio with Jason to meet board.
Permanent retirement as of Sep, 09. (30% VASRD code 8100)

The entire initial process from diagnosis to the 'front gate' took roughly 9 months. The remaining process took years.

This applies only to me and my Air Force migraine experience. This does not include the time line for filing with the VA.
Your mileage WILL vary.

My fight wasn't even close to being finished when I originally left in 07.

If you have questions, post or PM me.

xeno

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Jun 09--I received the PEB results :confused: (0% VASRD code 8100, w/ severance)
I immediately RSVP'ed with a large "X" indicating my intent to challenge/fight the results.
Jul 09--Received orders to meet FPEB in Sep 09.
Hired PEB lawyer Jason Perry (google "peb lawyer").
Sep 09--Traveled to San Antonio with Jason to meet board.
Permanent retirement as of Sep, 09. (30% VASRD code 8100)
[/COLOR][/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/COLOR]
Hey I know that guy from somewhere...

;)

DruceDeVille

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
For migraines to be on your AF profile what is the code or number.
I'm getting moved around on the answer.

Jason Perry

Benevolent Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
DD,

Can you clarify your question? There is no required "code" on the profile. Are you talking AF Form 469? Do you mean what PULHES series do migraines apply to? Or what is the VASRD code for migraines (it is 8100)?

greenne

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
For migraines to be on your AF profile what is the code or number.
I'm getting moved around on the answer.
If you are talking profile (ie AF Fm 469) you will be code 37 if you are on profile for Medical Defect/Condition that requires an MEB. That would be ANY condition, not specific to migraines.

As far as the MEB is concerned, you need to talk to your PCM or PEBLO on what the disqualifying conditions are, i.e. what are they boarding you for?. That is what I think you are asking...it is up to the PCM to decide what conditions they need to MEB you for.

Nate

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">