How long for ratings?

CoreyK88

Registered Member
I signed my 618 on 2/11.
On 2/19 I received a notification that it was being reviewed by AFPC.
Called the VA on 2/27 to see if they had received my AF Form 356. They said that they had on 2/25.
I am beyond ready to be done with this process. When do you think is a reasonable estimate of when I will be able to start terminal?

This is the million dollar question. My package was received by the VA on Jan 8, I’m still waiting. It’s been 52 days. Some people wait longer, some people wait less. They aim for 30-45 days. Best of luck, I hope it doesn’t take very long.

My package was received by VA on 6 Feb, ratings done by 19 Feb. Signed my ratings 3 days later. Mine was quick

Mine has also been with VA since 8 JAN. I have 4 claims, one of which I am already rated for.

My package was received by VA on 6 Feb, ratings done by 19 Feb. Signed my ratings 3 days later. Mine was quick
I also had a pretty speedy time with the VA. Went up on 15Feb and found out results today, the 7th of March!

Feb- Code 37
March- NARSUM written
March-DAWG found unfit
April-August -- Crickets. Had to physically walk into the PEBLOS office, only to find out they "lost" my file. More like buried.
Sept- CC letter, unfit statement
Oct- Crickets
November- Had to walk in there AGAIN, to find out they needed a new NARSUM because the first one was too old
Late Nov- Had to walk in there again on my own, finally got in touch with VA liaison. Listed out conditions
Dec- QTC call, set up VA appointments
Dec-Jan - C&P exams ( seven total)
Jan 18th- Received C&P findings
Feb 11th- Mental Health Provider finally writes addendum to say they agree with VA findings
Feb 14th- MyPERS notification that package was accepted
Feb 15th: Found Unfit, awaiting VA ratings
4Mar 19 EBenefits just moved to preparation for decision.
5MaR19:Moved to Pending decision approval today!
7Mar19: -- 90VA and finding out DOD tomorrow!

This is the million dollar question. My package was received by the VA on Jan 8, I’m still waiting. It’s been 52 days. Some people wait longer, some people wait less. They aim for 30-45 days. Best of luck, I hope it doesn’t take very long.
Moonchild, did you ever hear anything more?

Update: my case closed on VA.gov on 3/11 so hopefully I get a call with my ratings next week. I was hoping for today but didn't happen of course.

It's so bizarre on how some people wait months to get ratings and others are getting them back in a few days (who were often submitted well after those waiting for months)! My package was just sent to the IPEB yesterday and the PEBLO says the answer will most likely come back next week. After that I will start my wait for VA ratings... hoping I am one of the lucky ones who don't wait long. I have a small window of opportunity to not mess with my kids' schooling too much... crossing my fingers this will happen fast enough that my retirement date is in June.