How long until the VA receives the C&P exam paperwork??

Kbert84

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I know that it's all a waiting game but... I had my last C&P exam on 15 Jan 19. As of today, PEBLO says we are still waiting on QTC to send the notes back to the VA. Has anyone else had to wait that long?? It just seems like an incredibly long amount of time to simply send appointment notes back to the VA. It is not giving me confidence in the process at all. Is there anyone I can call to find out what is taking so long or if there is something wrong?

You're not alone. My case went to VA for ratings two months ago, before I finished my last exam a week later. That exam took ~30 days to get to VA. I wasn't even aware they were still waiting until my claim went back to 'gathering evidence' and had the completion date pushed backwards. So I'm still waiting on VA ratings.

I used the chat function on ebenefits to ask why the status changed, and that's when I found out they were waiting for that.

I'll try eBenefits! Thanks!
Are you going through IDES? This process seems to keep us in the dark as far as the VA is concerned. The answer is always "just keep waiting".

Going through IDES, but as a reservist and I have an existing VA rating, so maybe that's skewing my timeline a little. Peblo seemed relatively informed until now, saying only 'it could be any day,' but that's been the case since mid-to-late january. VA is definitely an information black hole in this process. Being patient in this phase is a challenge.

BTW, when VA did finally get that last exam, it showed up on va.gov/ebenefits updates only as "We closed the notice for Request 3" and they moved me from Pending Decision Approval to Gathering Evidence. Also my estimated completion date changed significantly. Just in case you see similar activitiy..

If you went to a contractor for your C&P exams they are more than likely at fault, a report released last year said C&P contractors are late in getting the exams back to the VBA to be rated. The report said contractors for BDD and IDES veterans were some of the worst offenders averaging 30-60 days before the VA got the exam back.