How many items did you claim?

Stealthmanx2

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I apologize if this is the wrong place for this, and I'm not really asking you to answer a question like this. I am writing this down more as a vent for myself and those out there with legit issues who get denied and or wait months while those with BS stuff has the VA accept their claim(s). Case in point, I thought I had quite a few claims at 10. Had a guy who worked with me who retired after 20 years and he said he filed 28 claims with the VA. Trust me, this guy did not seem "that broke". Was not trying to be too nosey, but I asked him what some of his stuff was and two things he claimed were bone spur in his foot and bad shoulder. Funny how neither of those two things affect his golf game every weekend. To top it off, he retired in April and already received 100% rating. I filed claims back in November and I am STILL waiting on them.
This guy is not the only one I know that has played the system in my eyes and mind. Now granted, I don't know their whole medical history. But I'm sorry, it ticks me off when I see a guy with a handicap sticker in his car who walks with a cane and also claims to have PTSD participates in NERF gun fights around the office. This same guy has a nice 4x4 with an ATV in the back along with a portable deer stand. Sounds to me like he gets around pretty well.

I understand you are frustrated but it is unnecessary take that anger out on others and to comment on another person's disabilities just because they do not fit your definition of disabled. You do not know what caused their issues, what limitations they have or what triggers their PTSD. To someone who does not know me or what i have been through i would appear to be fine but that is not the case. This forum is to help, support and guide others through the process. I ask if you continue posting that you take out the negativity and condemnation of others, please.

First off, don't sit there and assume what I think the definition of disabled is. I clearly stated and I quote " I don't know their whole medical history". That is why even if I see someone getting out of a car with a handicap sticker I don't say anything. I cannot stand or walk for long periods due to my back and understand that might be their issue. However, I do know there are people that play the system and if you are handicapped to the point where you get parking privileges I find it odd this person will fine enough to throw up a deer stand and RUNNING let me repeat RUNNING around the office playing NERF wars when he was just walking with a cane 5 minutes earlier. Once again, I do not know his history and I can attest to feeling fine one day and not the other. I also know a little bit of a back story with this person which you do not. One thing working in the office with retiree's is you hear quite a few of them talk about gaming the system, just saying. You are correct about the PTSD, everyone is different and triggers are different. Not saying it's the case with this particular person, but I do know it is with others in my office and it smells.

Last edited:
I understand you are frustrated but it is unnecessary take that anger out on others and to comment on another person's disabilities just because they do not fit your definition of disabled. You do not know what caused their issues, what limitations they have or what triggers their PTSD. To someone who does not know me or what i have been through i would appear to be fine but that is not the case. This forum is to help, support and guide others through the process. I ask if you continue posting that you take out the negativity and condemnation of others, please.
I've always taken the position to not worry or be concerned what someone else receives. My experience with the VA goes back more than 20 years. Some of my claims took one year-plus for a decision. Two of my retro VA compensation settlements took 12 and 18 months. Another took two years. I am glad things have improved for others.

Disabled parking varies by state; In Texas, certified by the Veterans Administration to have a 50 percent service-related disability, or 40 percent due to amputation of a lower extremity. I am 100% P&T which was replaced by SMC-S (housebound).

Ron

He served 20 years he did his time impossible for you to convince me those claims are not legitimate. Not all claims are severe the most paid out claims by the VA are 10% rated claims many claims can even be 0%. This is why I always tell Veterans they need to be more discreet talking about their disabilities especially with other veterans.

Retirees feel that way because they think veterans (especially 100% T&P) get way more perks and money than they do and they put in all the time specifically the ones with no VA rating or one with a 40% or below rating.

I am not gonna browbeat you too much for your biases or opinions im sure you have your reasoning I mean sometimes I feel the same way when I meet veterans who got hurt at BCT and have more claims then anyone on this board combined. The handicap parking seems to bother you the most I can somewhat empathized. We had a group meeting where a Veteran claim she was confronted at a grocery store for parking in the handicap parking with a valid HC sticker but could walk and move fine. She stated shes 100% for PTSD and that is why she got the sticker because of anxiety. Most people in the group sympathized but I did not and I never attended that groups meetings again Im not gonna validate shitty behavior regardless if my opinion was in the minority or not.

With that said you need to really focus on your claims you didnt really tell us anything about what is going on or what the delay is. Have you already been scheduled for C&P exams?

I claimed 10, VA ended up finding an additional 10 to add to my claims. I can move, walk, jump and be functional. But every step, every movement, every day is filled with pain. I don't belly ache and complain, so to others they cant possible fathom I'm "disabled" but invisible disabilities are a thing too. I wouldn't judge the next woman or man so quickly.

I am currently going through the IDES process with a lot of claims. I have over 20 years of active duty service. I did not plan on getting hurt/disabled while in the service, but it happens. I do have a handicapped sticker and just received it last week. It is nobody's business why and how I got it. As far as approaching the lady in the grocery store...a little too much for me. These days you have to be careful because it is not worth going to the emergency room or some other catastrophic event happening, to the people being noisy, or curious, or rude. Long story short, don't ask why if you are not willing to deal with the repercussions, behind your questioning.

My VSC recommended 29 claims.

I wasn’t counting but I think mine was 7-8 claims. Some were as simple and automatically approved as tinnitus... an easy 10% but I’d much rather give up that 10% and not have a loud ringing in my ears 24/7... real tinnitus is super annoying!

I’m also one of those who doesn’t “look” disabled. The further I walk, the worse it gets. Some days i can walk a mile, other days in almost bedridden... and I don’t always know what kind of day it’s gonna be. So I do have the handicap placard for my truck. Before I got it I was at Walter Reed and saw double amputees with handicap placards and they got out of their trucks and walked into the buildings on their state of the art prosthetics like it was nothing... while I parked at the end and struggled. I wasn’t jealous in the sense that I wanted to chop my legs off.... I was jealous in the sense that I wanted quality medical care too!!! My disease is neurological and extremely difficult to diagnose... so I suffered for many years trying to get a diagnosis.

im 100% PT from the VA. It’s in such a way that they could cut one or two or three of my ratings down and I’d still be at 100%.

I agree that the dipshit who runs around doing nerf wars is probably a faker. There are some of those out there. I don’t spend my time worrying about dipshits like that. But that’s the kind of guy that needs a video taken of him running around like a moron and turn that in to VA and SS...

Last edited: