how much time is left?

jbondm22

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
if this is the e-mail reply that I get is this the last step for me? "your separation (retirement) orders take +/- 45-90 days to be generated from the date your PEBLO sent your case to the Physical Disability Agency (PDA)." And does anyone know if I am suppesed to fill out the DD form 2526 or is my PEBLO.

Welcome. Your PEBLO will email you and your unit the orders. As far as the DD form 2656 survivor benefits plan. You will have to make an appointment with retirement services. They will fill out the dd form 2656 for you.

Thank you for the fist part. But the dd2656 I contacted the RSO and he Told me that I would have to contact him after I had recieved it. I am in the National guard so I don’t have full time access to those services.

We are at a disadvantage by being in the guard and reserve. I had to take time off for soldiers for life appointment. Luckily I was off last Friday to get my new ID card and fill out my DD form 2656. But it was well worth it.

We are at a disadvantage by being in the guard and reserve. I had to take time off for soldiers for life appointment. Luckily I was off last Friday to get my new ID card and fill out my DD form 2656. But it was well worth it.
Do I fill out the DD2526 or does the RSO?

The RSO will fill it out for you.

There is a huge disadvantage especially if your 5 hours away from your unit/and Military instillation.

The RSO should help you fill it out electronically

do I have to have my retirement orders before he can help me?

That is a distance to travel. Make sure you that your ID appointment the same day you see your RSO.

Yes you do. The RSO will handle completing the 2656.

if this is the e-mail reply that I get is this the last step for me? "your separation (retirement) orders take +/- 45-90 days to be generated from the date your PEBLO sent your case to the Physical Disability Agency (PDA)." And does anyone know if I am suppesed to fill out the DD form 2526 or is my PEBLO.

My PEBLO told me 30-45 days for orders. I am at day 56 now. (Army Reservist). When did you get that email? Hopefully it doesn't take the 90 days to complete.

I was also told the RSO would help with the 2656.

It took approximately around 35 days to get my orders. I signed my 199 on Jan 4th. Got my orders on Feb 14th, with a retirement date March 1st.

It would have been nice if they would put us on orders to outproces.

Just got my DA 199 today, took 3 days from VA to IPEB. So Just waiting on orders now

Congrats!! Once you sign your 199. It should take about 30 days to get your orders.

With as fast as things are moving maybe sooner. Once I get my date, I am going to have to make the 5 hour drive to turn in gear and talk to the RSO.

Just look at it this way. It will be your last 5 hour drive. It will be worth it. Make sure you smile when you take you picture for your blue I'D card. Bahaha.

Smile and a Beard

Back