How to find if unfit and sent to PEB?

Your PEBLO should be able to track it in whatever system the Navy uses for Med Boards

The NARSUM is what is sent to the PEB. Fit/Unfit comes from the PEB. An okay indicator of fit/unfit is to look on ebenefits and see if the VA has received anything from your PEB location.

All that ebenefits says they have recieved is .... COPY 21-0819, VCAA LTR, STRS
What I dont understand is I have been in the gathering of evidence stage forever now, even though everything has been mailed out. I contacted my peblo she told me I should recieve my findings withing 30-60 days, maybe a little bit longer due to the holidays. I thought I was supposed to be notified if I was found fit/unfit before I get my "findings" back.

you should get your fit/unfit memo from your PEB before you get your actual ratings

after my narsum was sent out i was found unfit about 2 weeks later, now im waiting for ratings, my packet been waiting for ratings about 32 days now

The only indication I had of unfit prior to receiving then letter was that the VA had received something from the PEB. I did receive my unfit letter prior to receiving my ratings/DA199, but I have heard of others not receiving it at all.

Hmm.. this whole MEB/PEB system is extremley disorganized. From my understanding from what my Peblo had said I would recieve my findings in 30-60 days. By findings, I assumed she meant ratings. Maybe she's sayign my unfit/fit memo?

The NARSUM is part of the MEB packet that is sent to the PEB. It is the write up of conditions that meet/do not meet retention standards. The PEB determines which conditions if any make you unfit for continued military service. They then type up a memo for DRAS to indicate which conditions are unfit. DRAS compiles proposed ratings of all conditions and sends it to the PEB. The PEB then types it up and sends a packet to your PEBLO for you.

to my understanding the va gets your packet first, and once all you exams are done and once they get the unfit memo from peb then thats when they start working on ratings

My peblo never gave me my unfit memo, i just knew once me ebenefits changed to prep 4 decision then pending approval days later

to my understanding the va gets your packet first, and once all you exams are done and once they get the unfit memo from peb then thats when they start working on ratings

My peblo never gave me my unfit memo, i just knew once me ebenefits changed to prep 4 decision then pending approval days later

I guess thats why I'm confused. My ebenefits, hasnt moved past the gathering of evidence stage. I've read on some cases of people's ebenefits not even updated and them getting there results back and processing out. I hope that is not the case... if so this is going to be a long couple months..

The NARSUM is part of the MEB packet that is sent to the PEB. It is the write up of conditions that meet/do not meet retention standards. The PEB determines which conditions if any make you unfit for continued military service. They then type up a memo for DRAS to indicate which conditions are unfit. DRAS compiles proposed ratings of all conditions and sends it to the PEB. The PEB then types it up and sends a packet to your PEBLO for you.

should I be notified if I'm found fit/unfit?

you can call the va 1800-827-1000 and they can tell if your still at that stage or if they are working on your ratings

my advice if you do call is call exactly @ 8am or before 9pm, if not youll be on hold for a very long time

you can call the va 1800-827-1000 and they can tell if your still at that stage or if they are working on your ratings

my advice if you do call is call exactly @ 8am or before 9pm, if not youll be on hold for a very long time

I hear you there. I'm going to try calling tonght to set up a call back appointment. Everytime I try calling them (for the past 2 weeks) They say all the lines are busy and hang up. Got to love these handy services..

I am one of those cases that would be completely in the dark if I hadn't push the issue and called people. No unfit memo, ebenifits never moved from gathering evidence, no one calls and updates me. Earlier this week I called the va and they told me my proposed ratings were sent to the navy, so more waiting. Holidays may drag it out a bit

Call the 1800 after hours and set up a call back appointment for the next day. Only way I could get thru to talk to someone