How to make my claim stronger?

oldtownroad

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
My claim was filed on December 30, 2020. How would I make my claim stronger for Anxiety? My fear is the VA denying me for a condition that strongly effects me daily.

Some background:
* I’ve included notes from my 1 VA Mental Health appointment (I just had my first one due to COVID)
* I have multiple lay statements from family members including myself.

Or would they grant the award based off the above information I provided? Thanks for your responses.

I think your fear is largely unfounded. MH professionals evaluate C&P applicants for MH diseases. Anxiety is very common in our society. It is easily recognized.

The examiner should have access to your VA records.

My claim was filed on December 30, 2020. How would I make my claim stronger for Anxiety? My fear is the VA denying me for a condition that strongly effects me daily.

Some background:
* I’ve included notes from my 1 VA Mental Health appointment (I just had my first one due to COVID)
* I have multiple lay statements from family members including myself.

Or would they grant the award based off the above information I provided? Thanks for your responses.
You are having anxiety about your anxiety claim LOL. Sorry the things that humor me! I couldn't help but point that out. @chaplaincharlie is correct. Though it never hurts to see what each rating is for your condition. That way you get an idea of where you are compared to how the VA rates that condition. Also, be prepared to talk about how your anxiety affects your life to include work and relationships.

Lol thanks guys. That was a relief to hear. I asked because I’ve heard and read stories where the VA just makes it hard to actually get a claim awarded. My current ratings are for physical conditions. Currently I’m rated at 60% total.

They still may give you a hard time over the nexus to service even though you filed it within one year of discharge, GAD is the least claimed (or approved) MH disorder from the VA I dont know if that is because most either file a depression, bi-polar or PTSD/MST in lieu of anxiety or they dont have enough evidence in their service records.

Well.. They service-connected me at 0% for one condition, and they said my anxiety is NOT service-connected. I'm searching for a VA lawyer now. If anyone know any good ones, can you let me know? Thanks.

Well.. They service-connected me at 0% for one condition, and they said my anxiety is NOT service-connected. I'm searching for a VA lawyer now. If anyone know any good ones, can you let me know? Thanks.
Jason Perry is an attorney that runs the forum. His website is Law Office of Jason Perry LLC, - Physical Evaluation Board, Medical Evaluation Board, PEB, MEB, PDBR, Physical Disability Board of Review, attorney, Army, Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, National Guard, JAG, lawyer I would give him a call. I am sure there are others that members can recommend here too.

Ok somehow I read your post wrong you filed an anxiety claim with just one VA appointment that is not how this works. There are three parts to a claim a diagnosis, evidence of diagnosis while you were in service and a nexus connecting the diagnosis to service, how long have you been out of the service? Do you even have a diagnosis from your doctor? They sent you to an examiner when you filed the anxiety claim? The denial paperwork in the mail will say whether you lacked a diagnosis or their was no proof of anxiety when you were in service.

Ok somehow I read your post wrong you filed an anxiety claim with just one VA appointment that is not how this works. There are three parts to a claim a diagnosis, evidence of diagnosis while you were in service and a nexus connecting the diagnosis to service, how long have you been out of the service? Do you even have a diagnosis from your doctor? They sent you to an examiner when you filed the anxiety claim? The denial paperwork in the mail will say whether you lacked a diagnosis or their was no proof of anxiety when you were in service.

I have a diagnosis from my VA doctor. I did fail on linking the anxiety to my service I believe. I never seeked help for it during service because of the stigma of people who receive mental help. Especially in the unit I was in. They did not give me a C&P exam for my anxiety. I've been out of service for a year and 5 months. Due to COVID-19, it slowed down my progress on getting help.

I've been contacting VA disability lawyers all day. Most said they won't be taking my case. I don't know what to do at this point.

You dont need a lawyer just use a free VSO all counties have one at your government complex you could also use one from the DAV.

You dont need a lawyer just use a free VSO all counties have one at your government complex you could also use one from the DAV.
Thanks. The VSO will refer me to someone who can help me get a Nexus Letter for the anxiety claim to prove service connection? Almost every VSO I called today, their phone numbers are disconnected. I may have to look in another city or even state.

Thanks. I contacted a VSO at Waco Regional Center. He sounded informative about the VA process, but he did say they can't help with finding a doctor who would help me establish service connection. He said I would have to find one, and get them to type up the necessary information. This puts me back at square one unfortunately on finding a doctor to help me establish service connection. I'll keep everyone, and readers updated.

I have spoken to craig bash before hes expensive though but here are some good docs who can write one for you.

Just updating in case others are going through the same issue. I've been diagnosed with anxiety, insomnia, and working on a PTSD diagnosis now recommended by my VA PCM. My VA therapist doesn't put in my notes if my mental health conditions are connected to my orthopedic conditions from my time in service, so I'm thinking about requesting for another therapist. In fact, she twists my words, and put in my notes that my personal life issues is causing my anxiety even after I told her how my orthopedic conditions are affecting me.

To keep it short, I have a good VA PCM, bad therapist.

Update for you guys. Finally my claim for my mental health conditions got approved and rated at 70%. I'm happy that the VA recognizes my condition. I also did this without any additional help, besides this forum, because the VSOs that I contacted for help was uninterested in helping me. I instead educated my self on the VA process and guidelines. Thanks again. Don't give up.

Update for you guys. Finally my claim for my mental health conditions got approved and rated at 70%. I'm happy that the VA recognizes my condition. I also did this without any additional help, besides this forum, because the VSOs that I contacted for help was uninterested in helping me. I instead educated my self on the VA process and guidelines. Thanks again. Don't give up.
What did that raise your overall percentage to?