How to request a WTU unit that will benefits me more?

SGT SILVA

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I Joined the military in Arizona where I worked at the time. After a while I have been moved to place to place. No I am in Korea and me and my wife is trying to get to Hawaii since she has already a job line up there. My question is how can I request that WTU unit in Hawaii? I heard that is almost impossible have a place in Hawaii WTU. anyone HAVE ANY SUGGESTION?

I know that my home records still showing AZ. however I do not own any place there. At least in Hawaii my wife could work there while I am MEB.

nwlivewire

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
I Joined the military in Arizona where I worked at the time. After a while I have been moved to place to place. No I am in Korea and me and my wife is trying to get to Hawaii since she has already a job line up there. My question is how can I request that WTU unit in Hawaii? I heard that is almost impossible have a place in Hawaii WTU. anyone HAVE ANY SUGGESTION?

I know that my home records still showing AZ. however I do not own any place there. At least in Hawaii my wife could work there while I am MEB.
See this web site (Army). This is the official Warrior Transition Command (WTC) Website for Warrior Transition Unit (WTU) information.

http://www.wtc.army.mil/wtc/locations.html

Don't know if it's been updated to reflect the closures of many CB-WTU locations or their re-organization/new name.

CB-WTUs are now called Community Care Units (CCUs).

Below is a fact sheet from the WTU site about a CCU....

There are NINE installations within the WTU system that have a CCU. JBLM WTU is one of them.

But you can call a number or two and see what's the deal going on these days.

The WTUs have an Ombudsman, too.

Also try this website for WTU information

http://www.wtc.army.mil/

nwlivewire

donaldjshaw93

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
WTU in Hawaii blows. Majority of the soldiers are Guam based NG or Hawaii NG with 25th ID filling the rest of the slots. I was in 3rd Brigade, 25th ID in Hawaii and did all my outprocessing with them and I was not impressed.

SGT SILVA

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
WTU in Hawaii blows. Majority of the soldiers are Guam based NG or Hawaii NG with 25th ID filling the rest of the slots. I was in 3rd Brigade, 25th ID in Hawaii and did all my outprocessing with them and I was not impressed.
You kill my vibe...lol

Brett Nutter

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Overseas WTU's are harder to enter due to more limited space then state-side. WTU in Alaska seemed to have 3 slots, or it felt that way to me. Trying for JBLM might work if you can't get Hawaii, similar to Hood since it is so massive. Good luck either way.

donaldjshaw93

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Just being realistic. I was there 4 months ago and it was horrendous. Soldiers have a 20 minute commute to the hospital for all their appointments (an hour and a half between 0800-1700 each way because traffic on that island) and it is just miserable. I had all my MRIs and CT scans scheduled between 2100 and 0200 at night because I could not deal with the traffic and the cadre that assisted me was garbage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nwlivewire

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Just being realistic. I was there 4 months ago and it was horrendous. Soldiers have a 20 minute commute to the hospital for all their appointments (an hour and a half between 0800-1700 each way because traffic on that island) and it is just miserable. I had all my MRIs and CT scans scheduled between 2100 and 0200 at night because I could not deal with the traffic and the cadre that assisted me was garbage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I suggest the poster of this thread see about aligning (being assigned) to a WTU that has geographic jurisdiction to Hawaii.

IF there is a WTU that has jurisdiction in Hawaii, AND, they have a CCU (Community Care Unit) - then I would think for his situation - that would be ideal.

The question is: Does the Army have a WTU with a CCU element where he can be able to get located to current HOR in Hawaii as a member of the CCU? Does Soldier have a home in Hawaii or does wife have a future job there but no home there as of today?

I don't know if an Active Duty Regular can get assigned to a CCU. I have heard of this happening once in a blue moon or two, but generally, AD are usually assigned to a WTU as they are usually located on a major post such as JBLM and others.

As a member of the WTU, a person may be able to get assigned to that WTUs CCU element (if they have a CCU) and get posted to their current HOR.

The question is: Is there a WTU in Hawaii in 2014/2015? OR Can he get aligned to a WTU that has geographical jurisdiction in Hawaii with a CCU and get assigned to that WTU that will place him into their CCU?

Time for the original poster to do some research and make a few phone calls to see if he has this CCU possibility.

Otherwise, he most likely will be assigned to a WTU and stay at that WTU until IDES completion.

Do some research and see if groundwork can be laid and given towards an assignment to a CCU to HOR Hawaii.

nwlivewire

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">