How to request a WTU unit that will benefits me more?

SGT SILVA

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I Joined the military in Arizona where I worked at the time. After a while I have been moved to place to place. No I am in Korea and me and my wife is trying to get to Hawaii since she has already a job line up there. My question is how can I request that WTU unit in Hawaii? I heard that is almost impossible have a place in Hawaii WTU. anyone HAVE ANY SUGGESTION?

I know that my home records still showing AZ. however I do not own any place there. At least in Hawaii my wife could work there while I am MEB.

I Joined the military in Arizona where I worked at the time. After a while I have been moved to place to place. No I am in Korea and me and my wife is trying to get to Hawaii since she has already a job line up there. My question is how can I request that WTU unit in Hawaii? I heard that is almost impossible have a place in Hawaii WTU. anyone HAVE ANY SUGGESTION?

I know that my home records still showing AZ. however I do not own any place there. At least in Hawaii my wife could work there while I am MEB.

See this web site (Army). This is the official Warrior Transition Command (WTC) Website for Warrior Transition Unit (WTU) information.

http://www.wtc.army.mil/wtc/locations.html

Don't know if it's been updated to reflect the closures of many CB-WTU locations or their re-organization/new name.

CB-WTUs are now called Community Care Units (CCUs).

Below is a fact sheet from the WTU site about a CCU....

There are NINE installations within the WTU system that have a CCU. JBLM WTU is one of them.

But you can call a number or two and see what's the deal going on these days.

The WTUs have an Ombudsman, too.

Also try this website for WTU information

http://www.wtc.army.mil/

nwlivewire

WTU in Hawaii blows. Majority of the soldiers are Guam based NG or Hawaii NG with 25th ID filling the rest of the slots. I was in 3rd Brigade, 25th ID in Hawaii and did all my outprocessing with them and I was not impressed.

WTU in Hawaii blows. Majority of the soldiers are Guam based NG or Hawaii NG with 25th ID filling the rest of the slots. I was in 3rd Brigade, 25th ID in Hawaii and did all my outprocessing with them and I was not impressed.
You kill my vibe...lol

Overseas WTU's are harder to enter due to more limited space then state-side. WTU in Alaska seemed to have 3 slots, or it felt that way to me. Trying for JBLM might work if you can't get Hawaii, similar to Hood since it is so massive. Good luck either way.

Just being realistic. I was there 4 months ago and it was horrendous. Soldiers have a 20 minute commute to the hospital for all their appointments (an hour and a half between 0800-1700 each way because traffic on that island) and it is just miserable. I had all my MRIs and CT scans scheduled between 2100 and 0200 at night because I could not deal with the traffic and the cadre that assisted me was garbage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just being realistic. I was there 4 months ago and it was horrendous. Soldiers have a 20 minute commute to the hospital for all their appointments (an hour and a half between 0800-1700 each way because traffic on that island) and it is just miserable. I had all my MRIs and CT scans scheduled between 2100 and 0200 at night because I could not deal with the traffic and the cadre that assisted me was garbage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I suggest the poster of this thread see about aligning (being assigned) to a WTU that has geographic jurisdiction to Hawaii.

IF there is a WTU that has jurisdiction in Hawaii, AND, they have a CCU (Community Care Unit) - then I would think for his situation - that would be ideal.

The question is: Does the Army have a WTU with a CCU element where he can be able to get located to current HOR in Hawaii as a member of the CCU? Does Soldier have a home in Hawaii or does wife have a future job there but no home there as of today?

I don't know if an Active Duty Regular can get assigned to a CCU. I have heard of this happening once in a blue moon or two, but generally, AD are usually assigned to a WTU as they are usually located on a major post such as JBLM and others.

As a member of the WTU, a person may be able to get assigned to that WTUs CCU element (if they have a CCU) and get posted to their current HOR.

The question is: Is there a WTU in Hawaii in 2014/2015? OR Can he get aligned to a WTU that has geographical jurisdiction in Hawaii with a CCU and get assigned to that WTU that will place him into their CCU?

Time for the original poster to do some research and make a few phone calls to see if he has this CCU possibility.

Otherwise, he most likely will be assigned to a WTU and stay at that WTU until IDES completion.

Do some research and see if groundwork can be laid and given towards an assignment to a CCU to HOR Hawaii.

nwlivewire