I did a horrible mistake....0 percent is the punishment.

Sorry to Hijack your thread W.W
So If I was to get 50% or above, Then I would have health care possibly for life then. And I would only need to purchase health care for my wife then? that doesn't seem to bad then. Because I think, If the VA was to only give me 10% for each of my injuries, I would get at least 50-60%( knowing how they use the rating system )

But I have read and heard some...dibilitating news.. Well first off, the VA rates hip injuries mostly just 10% unless it is a complete hip replacement. Which sucks because my hip injury definitely limits me more then 10% I think. esp with the fact they Cut and removed on of my Tendons in my hip, and the surgery was a failure. my hip is actually worse off then before. Secondly, I heard, that To the army, if you get surgery, you are considered fixed and for "surgery corrected injuries" it is 0% from them.

any fact in there?

Can you have your Wife draft you a letter on your behalf explaining what She see's as your inabilities to do stuff daily because of your injury? and can that help your claim?... I have never heard of this before.. Always heard it has to be from a ...what's the word.. non biased 3rd party??

oh. disregard this message above, i didn't see that post until after I typed that out.
you can fight for it, getting your PCM letter might help, But I have really heard from alot of soldiers that getting the med retirement (30% or more ) is super hard. Hell I know a SGT with like 15 years in with Multiple Sclerorsis and a bunch of other problems, and the army only gave him 20% and 60% VA.. i was honestly surprised, the guy is really messed up
Whoever that guy is that was rated at 20% with MS needs to appeal. MS is a minimum of 30%.

Can you have your Wife draft you a letter on your behalf explaining what She see's as your inabilities to do stuff daily because of your injury? and can that help your claim?... I have never heard of this before.. Always heard it has to be from a ...what's the word.. non biased 3rd party??
You have the right to include anything you want. If you want to include crayon pictures from kindergarten you can send them with your package. If you get with an attorney early they can help build a strong case and coach you through letters in support.

I Have already signed my Narsum. is it too late? I'm thinking appeal if I get 0% for my hip, But the thing is, I won't know a percent until my Final 199, which is 2 months before orders are cut and I'm out.
I haven't recieved my " retainable/non retainable" pre 199 yet. I honestly Don't know what to do in terms of fighting or not. So far I have just been playing along and hoping for a fair trail.

And the guy I know with MS is already out, got out like a month ago. He said they rated him 20% because it was "stable with medication".. I still don't think that's fair.. because it's totally unstable without Meds

Jason commented on this topic not to long ago. Typically the "hard," medical and other evidence will most likely be weighed more heavily in the PEB's eyes, but having letters can be beneficial. However, he cautioned that some people send letters in and they make the case more difficult or back the SM into a corner. Therefore, work with a lawyer to help you submit proper letters and at the appropriate time.

I Have already signed my Narsum. is it too late? I'm thinking appeal if I get 0% for my hip, But the thing is, I won't know a percent until my Final 199, which is 2 months before orders are cut and I'm out.
I haven't recieved my " retainable/non retainable" pre 199 yet. I honestly Don't know what to do in terms of fighting or not. So far I have just been playing along and hoping for a fair trail.

And the guy I know with MS is already out, got out like a month ago. He said they rated him 20% because it was "stable with medication".. I still don't think that's fair.. because it's totally unstable without Meds
He can still appeal. So you just signed your NARSUM and awaiting the IPEB results?

oh forgot to post this, in my last post, But do you know anything about the possibility of Getting a Medical Marijuana Card for pain through the VA? i have been prescribed pretty much every pain med in the book for my hip and I have horrible side effects from some, others don't help the pain at all. The only thing I have gotten that got rid of the pain completely was Morphine, But I felt SO weird after the morphine injection and Thought I was going to die, So I don't want that again. and since where I live Marijuana is legal medically, What are the chances? I hate vicodin,percocet,loritabs, and the others ones they gave me, including arthritis pills.. I currently don't even take anything because they stopped giving me stuff because it never worked.

Yes, I guess I am Waiting my IPEB results. As far As my PEBLO tells me I am waiting on my Pre 199, then my Final 199. I agreed with my Narsum for the most part, so I signed it. They accepted all my claims ( excluding my Right leg ) but my Narsum did indicate that the Right leg and Right hip is one and the same, so I thought it would be consideration of both into one.

Appeal the 0% migraine rating via a IDES VA reconsideration. Document your headaches from the past and explain the effects on you. If this does not work, continue the appeal once you leave service via a notice of disagreement with the VA.

Mike

oh forgot to post this, in my last post, But do you know anything about the possibility of Getting a Medical Marijuana Card for pain through the VA? i have been prescribed pretty much every pain med in the book for my hip and I have horrible side effects from some, others don't help the pain at all. The only thing I have gotten that got rid of the pain completely was Morphine, But I felt SO weird after the morphine injection and Thought I was going to die, So I don't want that again. and since where I live Marijuana is legal medically, What are the chances? I hate vicodin,percocet,loritabs, and the others ones they gave me, including arthritis pills.. I currently don't even take anything because they stopped giving me stuff because it never worked.
I have no idea how the VA handles it if they do. If you're in one of the three western states it's really easy. Just google it and you'll see the annual fees and regulations.