I don't even know what duty status I am in, and nobody to contact....waiting again

LiteHeaded

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I received an email from transitions stating that my NLT date was November 23rd. I have 72 something days of leave and have been approved for 20 PTDY. That is a total of more than the NLT date. I still have to go to transitions, clear installation, and final out. I did a request for 28 day extension that would move the NLT date to December 21st and sent it in along with the appropriate leave slips. Now, here is the problem, Fort Polk was hit with a hurricane the day after I sent in the request and I have not heard back if it was approved or even forwarded to the next step to be considered and processed.

Now Fort Polk is still about 50% out of power, most people are not back to work, and none of the Soldier in/out processing is taking place.

If the November 23rd date sticks then I am on PTDY right now and will eventually have to process out in a leave status I am guessing. If the December 21st date is approved I start PTDY on September 16th. So you see? Not sure what duty status I am in.

No, what is happening is you are killing leave days when you finally out process with finance your unused leave days will be cashed out. So you are technically not on PTDY till Nov 3rd every day you take before signing out is another leave day paid out. Figure out a way to out process quickly dont be afraid to chase people down. Maybe with the hurricane they will grant your extension hope for the best but expect the worst.

No, what is happening is you are killing leave days when you finally out process with finance your unused leave days will be cashed out. So you are technically not on PTDY till Nov 3rd every day you take before signing out is another leave day paid out. Figure out a way to out process quickly dont be afraid to chase people down. Maybe with the hurricane they will grant your extension hope for the best but expect the worst.
I was told that PTDY was taken first then leave was to be taken. At least that was the way they had me complete the two DA31's.

Either way you are still burning leave days without the extension finance will calculate the unused leave days after PTDY and cash you out.

How do you burn leave days without being on leave?

@chaplaincharlie

His final out is Nov 23rd he has 72 days of leave and 20 PTDY thats 92 days its only 83 days to Nov 23 he takes the 20 PTDY first so hypothetically if he signed out today they would cash him out 9 days leave. He would use 63 days leave.

@chaplaincharlie

His final out is Nov 23rd he has 72 days of leave and 20 PTDY thats 92 days its only 83 days to Nov 23 he takes the 20 PTDY first so hypothetically if he signed out today they would cash him out 9 days leave. He would use 63 days leave.
Exactly, but since I have no projected out processing date and no orders, I am still going to work each day. If I had at least orders I would not be clocking in each day as I would be on some sort of PTDY or Leave. If the extension is granted then problem solved, as long as Fort Polk reopens to out process me before September 15th or I will be right back in the same situation.

@chaplaincharlie

Did not know the rules could force a person to sale leave.

Extension was approved, NLT of 21 December 2020.

Now trying to schedule final out at Fort Polk before the start of terminal leave on 16 September.

WHEW, what a ride!!!!!