I have Three conditions that does not meet medical retention standards!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPTGLOMAS

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
1. Left metatarsalgia
2. Left hallux valgus
3. Left foot neuralgia after surgical intervention for left foot

VA gave me 15 other claims these were the only ones that came back that does not meet medical retention standards. Anybody have these ? If so what am I looking like for percentages from the Army?

Little Confused here.

Are you going through a MEB? What branch of service? And what conditions were you med boarded for?

Little Confused here.

Are you going through a MEB? What branch of service? And what conditions were you med boarded for?

Yes going through a MEB these were the conditions I'm being boarded for ?
In the Army
I signed my DA 3947 yesterday and my case was routed to the PEB
1. Left metatarsalgia
2. Left hallux valgus
3. Left foot neuralgia after surgical intervention for left foot

Metatarsalgia (Morton’s disease)

Code
5279: Morton’s disease occurs when a small mass forms over the nerves in between the toes on the pad of the foot. This causes pain when walking or when pressure is applied to these specific points. This is rated 10% whether it is in one foot or both.

hallux valgus
Code 5280
:

When the big toe points toward the second toe, a bunion can form on the outside of the big toe. If the bony bump is removed by surgery, then it is rated 10%. If it is so severe that it is as though the big toe had been amputated, then it is also rated 10%. Otherwise, it is not ratable.

And on the last one, I don't know enough about feet to tell you the difference:

What is foot neuralgia
Morton's neuralgia a form of foot pain, metatarsalgia due to compression of a branch of the plantar nerve by the metatarsal heads; it may lead to formation of a neuroma. Called also Morton's toe.

Metatarsalgia (Morton’s disease)

Code
5279: Morton’s disease occurs when a small mass forms over the nerves in between the toes on the pad of the foot. This causes pain when walking or when pressure is applied to these specific points. This is rated 10% whether it is in one foot or both.

hallux valgus
Code 5280
:

When the big toe points toward the second toe, a bunion can form on the outside of the big toe. If the bony bump is removed by surgery, then it is rated 10%. If it is so severe that it is as though the big toe had been amputated, then it is also rated 10%. Otherwise, it is not ratable.

And on the last one, I don't know enough about feet to tell you the difference:

What is foot neuralgia
Morton's neuralgia a form of foot pain, metatarsalgia due to compression of a branch of the plantar nerve by the metatarsal heads; it may lead to formation of a neuroma. Called also Morton's toe.

okay thanks man, hopefully I can get 10% for each one and get a blue card that's what I am hoping for. MY pueblo said chances are by his knowledge ill get blue card.

okay thanks man, hopefully I can get 10% for each one and get a blue card that's what I am hoping for. MY pueblo said chances are by his knowledge ill get blue card.

Just remember 10 + 10 + 10 =/= 30% in the VA world

10% of 100% of the human you are = 10
10% of the remaining 90% of the human you are = 9
10% of the remaining 80% of the human you are = 8

So that would be 27%

However, your PEBLO is probably right. With as much wrong as it seems with that foot, there may be other rules for it. I just gave you the line by line. Some of the olde.... err... more seasoned Warhorses here may be able to talk to you about your particulars.

There are other factors: Can you walk on that foot?

They might roll all those into one rating if they are all on the same (left) foot. That is what happened with my multiple foot problems (also effecting the same foot).

They might roll all those into one rating if they are all on the same (left) foot. That is what happened with my multiple foot problems (also effecting the same foot).

Is that what you were getting boarded for ? If so what was the out come ? Ive heard so many diffrent things so far and i know everybodys case is diffrent just trying to get a general idea here.

As for the "VA Math" issue alluded to above, yes, at 10% each, you would be looking at 27% combined. However, they round up, so that would result in a 30% rating and a retirement finding.

Have you looked at the VASRD rating criteria for each condition? That would tell you what the VA will look for in rating you. You should be able to take the information from your VA C&P exams (and perhaps your NARSUM) to see what the appropriate rating from each condition should be.

Best of luck!

As for the "VA Math" issue alluded to above, yes, at 10% each, you would be looking at 27% combined. However, they round up, so that would result in a 30% rating and a retirement finding.

Have you looked at the VASRD rating criteria for each condition? That would tell you what the VA will look for in rating you. You should be able to take the information from your VA C&P exams (and perhaps your NARSUM) to see what the appropriate rating from each condition should be.

Best of luck!

I have checked , 1. Left metatarsalgia 2. Left hallux valgus its 10% for each. the third one, Left foot neuralgia after surgical intervention for left foot I have no idea. I am thinking 10% unless they roll them all together into one because its all the same foot and give me 10% lol

What may happen is that the metatarsalgia and hallus valgus are combined and 10% given (due to anti-pyamid rules) and the neuralgia is rated at 10% (since the nerves are a different body group than the foot) giving you 19% (rounds up to 20).

Use google to search "metatarsalgia, hallus valgus and VASRD" there are many case proceedings in which when both conditions present, only 10% is granted.

Still, fight for the 30% to get your medical retirement.

Last edited:
What may happen is that the metatarsalgia and hallus valgus are combined and 10% given (due to anti-pyamid rules) and the neuralgia is rated at 10% (since the nerves are a different body group than the foot) giving you 19% (rounds up to 20).

Use google to search "metatarsalgia, hallus valgus and VASRD" there are many case proceedings in which when both conditions present, only 10% is granted.

Still, fight for the 30% to get your medical retirement.

if I end up do getting 20% what are the chances of me fighting for 30% and winning? slim to none or almost guaranteed ? I really would like 30% but I want to get out of the military ASAP

if I end up do getting 20% what are the chances of me fighting for 30% and winning? slim to none or almost guaranteed ? I really would like 30% but I want to get out of the military ASAP

If you can find something that can up your percentage, then its worth it to hang and try to get the 30%

I got 50% for my mental health condition. I put in my VARR. I did so mainly because I want to ensure the symptoms that weren't documented are documented when its time for me to come off the TDRL. If it gets me to 70% that would be outstanding (and worth 15K more a year).

After some research I found Code 8720: Neuralgia the sciatic nerve (“sciatica”). Neuralgia cannot be rated higher than moderate, even if it is considered severe. If the condition is moderate, it is rated 20%. If it is mild
on my narsum its a moderate condition so hopefully I can get 20% for it

CPTGLOMAS what was the outcome if you don't mind me asking?

Hello,

You have posted in a dormant thread.
CPTGLOMAS :Last seen Aug 18, 2017

Recommend you start your own thread with your question; that will result in appropriate answers.

Thread closed by Mod.

Ron

Added:

General. Rather than add your questions to a string of previous posts, you can make your post distinguishable from the posts of others by starting your own thread.

Path:

1. Click on FORUMS which is next to the HOME button.

2. Click on the red POST THREAD button.

3. Select from POST THREAD IN...button. This is a list forums and sub forums.

4. Example: If one wanted to post a CRSC question, they could choose (abbreviations used)
PEB Overview —->Outcomes—->CRSC

Status
Not open for further replies.