I received an unexpected letter in the mail today

Swiper

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I was put on the TDRL with 50% DOD / 90% VA in September 2016.

I was then reevaluated at VA in July 2017.

I got my ratings bumped up to 70% DOD / 100% VA (not P&T) and put on the PDRL.

I haven't been called to VA for an reevaluation since July 2017.

Today, I got an unexpected letter in the mail. VA have reevaluated my medical records and I am now rated 100% Permanent & Total.

So that's the final outcome of my case. I couldn't be happier.

FmrArmyAvatr

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member

Today, I got an unexpected letter in the mail. VA have reevaluated my medical records and I am now rated 100% Permanent & Total.

Quick question for you:

Did you give the results of you DOD TDRL revaluation (NARSUM) to the VA for your (re)examination? I'm between my DOD TDRL revaluation, which said my condition is stable, so I should get PDRL and a VA RFE (routine future exam) for the same condition.

Swiper

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I did not give VA the results. My first and only in-person re-examination after being separated from the Army was done at a VA facility in July 2017. I never personally shared any evaluation documents between DOD and VA.

FmrArmyAvatr

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I did not give VA the results. My first and only in-person re-examination after being separated from the Army was done at a VA facility in July 2017. I never personally shared any evaluation documents between DOD and VA.
Thank You!

rajeev2liz

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member

Contratulations

Getmeout10

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member

How were you able to get them bumped? Had you been seeing a doctor in between like how does that work

Swiper

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
How were you able to get them bumped? Had you been seeing a doctor in between like how does that work
I did visit a psychiatrist at VA on a monthly basis. I got my primary healthcare through TRICARE, but I made sure to use VA for my mental health treatment so my regular visits would be probably documented. It probably helped that I started crying when talking to the mental health professional who did the reevaluation. I was being honest during my reevalution, but I was also making sure that I brought up any issue and problems that fit the criteria needed for 70% rating for mental health.

70% Mental Health + 50% Sleep Apnea + Random stuff = 100% P&T

Last edited:

styles857

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member

During the re-evaluations, do all your conditions get evaluated or only the referred condition/conditions and or unfitting conditions?

FmrArmyAvatr

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
During the re-evaluations, do all your conditions get evaluated or only the referred condition/conditions and or unfitting conditions?
Only the referred unstable mental health. My other referred condition (feet) was not.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">