ID card issue

I brought my entire packet with me to the RAPIDS office since I wasn't sure what would be needed and I didn't want to be missing anything. They ended up scanning and emailing my orders, DD214, and DD215 to the DEERS helpdesk person while on the phone. It may help if you make your RAPIDS appointment for a "DEERS Update" like I did, as this was the most applicable appointment reason I could find on the website.

I got my ID and was headed back to work in about 30 minutes. That night, I checked MilConnect and the RET tab was available, and I could enroll in TriCare. It was all surprisingly convenient.

I brought my entire packet with me to the RAPIDS office since I wasn't sure what would be needed and I didn't want to be missing anything. They ended up scanning and emailing my orders, DD214, and DD215 to the DEERS helpdesk person while on the phone. It may help if you make your RAPIDS appointment for a "DEERS Update" like I did, as this was the most applicable appointment reason I could find on the website.

I got my ID and was headed back to work in about 30 minutes. That night, I checked MilConnect and the RET tab was available, and I could enroll in TriCare. It was all surprisingly convenient.

Pretty much my exact experience on Friday as well except it took about an hour on the phone with DEERS helpdesk person.