ID card issue

jdelatorre

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Ok so I received my orders this past Saturday with instructions to find a rapids location. Found the NG center in Hilo and made appointment. Had wife and daughter take day off from work and we drove over 90 miles to the appointment. ID card section after explaining the whole PDBR situation couldn’t access my deers file to update or make any changes. To make matters worse, with the time change they couldn’t call the Deers help desk. So. Appointment rescheduled to next week. Beyond pissed and disappointed.

Thanks all for the info. I think I was more frustrated that I finally got my paperwork and made the appointment and then drove all the way there just to be turned around for another appointment. I think what really pissed me off was the indifference and ignorance of what we have all gone through to get to that point of finally moving ahead. Anyway waited 12 years I can wait a few more days.

Ok here’s an update. I am posting this to help alleviate any anxiety for those that are either at the same stage or soon to be at the stage I am at. I really understand that not everyone will get the same result with the PDBR that I have and I’m my heart feel for you. I really don’t know how or what they use to decide to bump up and retire us that have been screwed in most cases with our discharges leading up to the PDBR. So with that said. Today my wife, daughter and I went back to the National Guard unit to get our ID cards done today. It was successful but I want to put out some of things I observed. First not all PAC personnel are familiar with the whole PDBR process. I went to a NG unit since they were close and had ability to do ID cards. Second. They had to call higher at DEERS to not only confirm but process the orders allowing my if card to be issued. Seems they at higher had all the info about me being retro med retired, but they didn’t have my orders yet to allow the local ID card section to make the changes. So from time I received the orders to the time I tried to get my ID card, the orders from HRC hadn’t been received. Third. Not every DEERS capable site knows what the hell PDBR is. Took some round and round for them to figure out my orders were legit. Overall it was fustrating to get to the point of getting my ID card. Next step per the pack t inastructions is to contact the Retirement service officer. This is to set up the retirement packet outlining pay,tricare and any SBP allotments being elected. So, I don’t know yet what I will be payed in backpay or what will be deducted in outstanding premiums needing to payed to bring up tricare, dental or SBP current so that my retirement pay will be started. More to follow as I get info. For those still waiting.m, keep the faith.

Ok here’s an update. I am posting this to help alleviate any anxiety for those that are either at the same stage or soon to be at the stage I am at. I really understand that not everyone will get the same result with the PDBR that I have and I’m my heart feel for you. I really don’t know how or what they use to decide to bump up and retire us that have been screwed in most cases with our discharges leading up to the PDBR. So with that said. Today my wife, daughter and I went back to the National Guard unit to get our ID cards done today. It was successful but I want to put out some of things I observed. First not all PAC personnel are familiar with the whole PDBR process. I went to a NG unit since they were close and had ability to do ID cards. Second. They had to call higher at DEERS to not only confirm but process the orders allowing my if card to be issued. Seems they at higher had all the info about me being retro med retired, but they didn’t have my orders yet to allow the local ID card section to make the changes. So from time I received the orders to the time I tried to get my ID card, the orders from HRC hadn’t been received. Third. Not every DEERS capable site knows what the hell PDBR is. Took some round and round for them to figure out my orders were legit. Overall it was fustrating to get to the point of getting my ID card. Next step per the pack t inastructions is to contact the Retirement service officer. This is to set up the retirement packet outlining pay,tricare and any SBP allotments being elected. So, I don’t know yet what I will be payed in backpay or what will be deducted in outstanding premiums needing to payed to bring up tricare, dental or SBP current so that my retirement pay will be started. More to follow as I get info. For those still waiting.m, keep the faith.
Thanks for keeping us updated. I still haven't received my order yet. I did call the nearest I'd card section. They told my that my deers needs to be updated first. I explained I will have orders. She said she couldn't help me. I contacted deers and they informed me to go to her and get my I'd card. My orders should be here this week. I have to schedule an appointment for the I'd card section and she won't allow it. I called HRC and they said she has to do it. I explained the situation and he told me I have to get all her information down to fax over to HRC. I understand that I'm waiting on orders. I was told it's been shipped. But trying to schedule an appointment so I can get everything rolling. It's been frustrating

Well once you have your orders in hand, they will scan them and upload them. This forces the higher DEERS people to reactivat your profile, so then the remote deers site can change the active account to retired. So you have to have the orders in hand

Well once you have your orders in hand, they will scan them and upload them. This forces the higher DEERS people to reactivat your profile, so then the remote deers site can change the active account to retired. So you have to have the orders in hand
Thank you so much.

I haven’t seen my orders upload yet on JRC portal. As soon as I got my second packet I made a bizillion Copies of the orders. My DD215 uploaded well before my orders arrived. I’m going to see the two tomorrow to start the process for the next step, which is pretty vague. Hoping the rain can explain t all. Based on my instructions. The rap has to help with the DD2656 to outline the SBP and I think the tricare elections. Once this is complete it has to be sent to a specific DFAS address per the instructions. No idea on what happens next or how long it takes for the audit and pay to be calculated. More info as I get it

wow I can’t believe spell check got me and I didn’t proof read. Sry all

I had a pretty similar experience trying to get my new ID today. I went to a marine base and they said they couldn't help me until DEERS is updated to reflect retirement. They had me call the Air Force Deers Project Office but that office just told me that I should've been able to do it there on base. Such a frustrating waste of time and now I'm stuck. I think my next plan will be to drive two hours to an Air Force base in the hope that they will be more willing to help me.

I had a pretty similar experience trying to get my new ID today. I went to a marine base and they said they couldn't help me until DEERS is updated to reflect retirement. They had me call the Air Force Deers Project Office but that office just told me that I should've been able to do it there on base. Such a frustrating waste of time and now I'm stuck. I think my next plan will be to drive two hours to an Air Force base in the hope that they will be more willing to help me.
I tried calling the ID card/deers for making appointments. I was dealing with this base for a month.They claim I was still not updated in deers so I can't schedule an appointment.
Well then I contacted the next installation. Fort Knox Kentucky. I went there Friday (5 hour drive). At first all the systems went down so I waited for a miracle. Even my daughter Telsey started praying. Finally the system came back on..We got everything squared away. I was very blessed. They were so nice. Even my 8 year old got her pic taken and got her ID cad.Then I spoke with RSO and they took care of my DD Form 2656. She also went in the back and got me my retirement box. This just had a square pendant plus Folded American Flag and retirement sticker. They all was so nice on Fort Knox.

Last edited:
I tried calling the ID card/deers for making appointments. I was dealing with this base for a month.They claim I was still not updated in deers so I can't schedule an appointment.
Well then I contacted the next installation. Fort Knox Kentucky. I went there Friday (5 hour drive). At first all the systems went down so I waited for a miracle. Even my daughter Telsey started praying. Finally the system came back on..We got everything squared away. I was very blessed. They were so nice. Even my 8 year old got her pic taken and got her ID cad.Then I spoke with RSO and they took care of my DD Form 2656. She also went in the back and got me my retirement box. This just had a square pendant plus Folded American Flag and retirement sticker. They all was so nice on Fort Knox.

When you went to Fort Knox, was your info updated in DEERS at that point or did you bring your orders/DD214/215 with you and have them update there? I was under the impression the bases with RAPIDS could update DEERS info?

When you went to Fort Knox, was your info updated in DEERS at that point or did you bring your orders/DD214/215 with you and have them update there? I was under the impression the bases with RAPIDS could update DEERS info?
I had to bring in my orders, DD214 & DD215. Then they emailed the information while talking to someone on the phone. You will do your ID card and DEERS with the same person.