IDES - AF Timeline & VA C&P Exams

Update:

Apparently there was huge conference in Texas last week for everyone involved in the Med board process including the IPEB folks from AFPC. My PEBLO (who attended) told me everything has been pushed back a week as I have still not heard back from AFPC on whether or not they requested ratings from the VA but my eBennies status changed which I think is good?

Does anyone know of a way to check (besides the PEBLO) to see if AFPC has requested ratings from the VA yet?

Thanks!!
Been trying to get a hold of my PEBLO this week and no answer. Does anyone know if the DoD waits for the VA ratings before assigning their own rating to me?

Been trying to get a hold of my PEBLO this week and no answer. Does anyone know if the DoD waits for the VA ratings before assigning their own rating to me?
The DOD gets your ratings for your unfitting condition(s) from the Va , that is why if you are found unfit it goes to Va next in the process for ratings then back to DOD to determine from the rating percentages if you will be medically retired or medically separated. Hope that answered your question

I was hoping that I'd have good news by now - but I just found out that my rater issued a deferred rating (?) and requested an additional exam...for something I didn't even claim. It's like they are determined to drag this out as long as possible.

On a positive note, I called the VA providence number and left a message about 3 weeks, not expecting a call back, and they actually called back this morning. Gave me much more detailed information, and 2 hours later I got a call from QTC with an appointment notification. Hoping this wraps up soon...

FINALLY!! 20% DOD/ 90% VA

My PEBLO said I could fight it at a formal board and most likely get over 30% on the DoD and 100% VA so I could retire but I am so sick and tired of this process and I don't want to drag it out another 3-6 months. I'm already living in Dallas and started my new job which pays me about 5X what I make in the Air Force so I'll be OK.

I signed my 1180 and my separation date is the 28 July 2019!!!

For all of you still going through the process - try to manage your stress. My blood pressure is now 140/99 and I have more gray hairs coming in as a result because of how insane it is so hopefully now I can calm down a bit now.

I can't tell you how relieved I am that this is over - thank you to everyone who responded to these posts - this forum helped me when I was on the verge of losing my mind.

DD214 - HERE I COME!

@eodpete...congrats!!! if you don’t mind, what were your unfitting conditions? Also, how many conditions did you claim with the VA.

I’m anxiously awaiting my ratings!

Update:

Apparently there was huge conference in Texas last week for everyone involved in the Med board process including the IPEB folks from AFPC. My PEBLO (who attended) told me everything has been pushed back a week as I have still not heard back from AFPC on whether or not they requested ratings from the VA but my eBennies status changed which I think is good?

Does anyone know of a way to check (besides the PEBLO) to see if AFPC has requested ratings from the VA yet?

Thanks!!

I don't think so. My VA MSC explained to me that the VA will not release a disability rating percentage to the Air Force until the Air Force makes their DOD rating decision. Until the DOD and the VA talk, I don't think there's a way to find out what percentage you're at.

I don't think so. My VA MSC explained to me that the VA will not release a disability rating percentage to the Air Force until the Air Force makes their DOD rating decision. Until the DOD and the VA talk, I don't think there's a way to find out what percentage you're at.

No way to tell really but just to clarify; the VA wont do ratings until the DoD (AF in this case) requests ratings after being found unfit. The DoD then uses those ratings (they don't do their own unless going through the Legacy MEB process).

No way to tell really but just to clarify; the VA wont do ratings until the DoD (AF in this case) requests ratings after being found unfit. The DoD then uses those ratings (they don't do their own unless going through the Legacy MEB process).
I didn't know that. So if I'm not doing the Legacy, the DoD should accept the percentage the VA rates me?

I didn't know that. So if I'm not doing the Legacy, the DoD should accept the percentage the VA rates me?

Yes, but only for the condition that caused you to be found unfit. The VA will rate everything you claim from your entire career, that's why there are often times a difference in the DoD and VA ratings.

Yes, but only for the condition that caused you to be found unfit. The VA will rate everything you claim from your entire career, that's why there are often times a difference in the DoD and VA ratings.
Thanks for the info.

Been away for a while but the process is finally over. Hands down the most stressful paperwork sh*t show I have ever dealt with. Finally have my DD214, got my severance pay and now I'm just waiting for the VA to "finalize" my rating which should be adjusted to 100% from what my PEBLO told me before I got out on Aug 28th.

Does anyone has experience with how long it takes to start receiving your disability checks after your separation? I was also told that the VA would reduce my proposed monthly payments at 90% by the 20% the DoD assigned me until my severance is paid back? This means I would get a 70% rating payment for a while until the severance amount was offset according to my PEBLO. Does anyone have experience with this? I've also heard from other people that the VA will withhold all of your payments until they recoup all of the severance pay which would seriously suck and then some people told me the VA never took anything from them!!

When did you find out that your rating was permanent and total? My proposed rating of 90% didn't say anything about being temporary but it also didn't say permanent.