IDES C&P Issues - Mask Policy / QTC

Evekiio

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hello everyone,

Just a short timeline detail, my C&P exams have been in work since Jan 2020. I have two remaining appointments (Dental / PFT).

Has anyone else been able to schedule any appointments that require mask removal or have any information at all in regards to when QTC will be allowed to schedule these?

Anytime I call QTC I get "The VA is not allowing us to schedule those appointments."

Anytime i contact my VSO I get... "I dont understand why they cant schedule dentals."

I've been searching the web for any DoD, VA, USAF info as to timelines or policy letters and can't seem to find anything discussing the "Mask Policy"

I appreciate any info. I've been patiently waiting but the transparency of this system during the pandemic is anxiety and stressful all of its own.

Respectfully.

I'm currently undergoing an MEB and to get around this I just canceled the claims that are related to dental and respiratory conditions. After I did this, I was able to keep the process moving forward. I plan on claiming them at a later date.

I'm currently undergoing an MEB and to get around this I just canceled the claims that are related to dental and respiratory conditions. After I did this, I was able to keep the process moving forward. I plan on claiming them at a later date.
I thought about doing that, but the PFT is connected with one of my service connected disabilities, so I was concerned if that was even an option. The dental I could care less about right this moment if need be.

Thanks for the quick response.

I dont mind waiting, I just wish someone had a estimated date to keep looking forward to, but being told its indefinitely is somewhat frustrating.

I thought about doing that, but the PFT is connected with one of my service connected disabilities, so I was concerned if that was even an option. The dental I could care less about right this moment if need be.

Thanks for the quick response.

I dont mind waiting, I just wish someone had a estimated date to keep looking forward to, but being told its indefinitely is somewhat frustrating.
Yeah, I waited for like like 2 months to hear something or atleast a projected date. Eventually I was like, nope. Just cancel them.

Yeah, I waited for like like 2 months to hear something or atleast a projected date. Eventually I was like, nope. Just cancel them.
Yeah, I feel that. I'll most likely give it another 30 days or so, but after that I'll have to decide because it's making it harder to look for what or where I want to be in the next chapter of my life moving away from the military life after 13 years of service.

Thanks again for the response.

I am in the same boat. I require a PFT and it was suggested to me that I can cancel that claim, but it's for my referred condition. This mask policy is what appears to be holding me up currently and I just got off the phone with my PEBLO and she doesn't have the latest information on this.

I am in the same boat. I require a PFT and it was suggested to me that I can cancel that claim, but it's for my referred condition. This mask policy is what appears to be holding me up currently and I just got off the phone with my PEBLO and she doesn't have the latest information on this.
Ugh, I get the same info when I talk to my PEBLO also. It really seems like there is a large communication disconnect between QTC, DoD, VA and the messengers (PEBLOs).

For now I suppose I should just be greatful I still have a job, but being able to make a plan would be a little comforting.

If anything changes with my progress I'll post it on here, but for now I guess I'm waiting for Covid-19 restrictions to slowly disappear or Dental/PFT facilities to get "proper PPE"... i don't know. From what I'm aware of most of the facilities are unaware that QTC isn't scheduling these appointments.

Oh well... continue the waitng game. It will all work out in the end.

I was in the same exact boat. Waiting for a PFT and dental exam. I cancelled my dental exam but I was able to use my last PFT from my doctor. They'll accept a previous PFT as long as its less than a year old.

I wish that was an option, but I just checked and my last PFT is 3 years old. Well...this process is teaching me patience and giving me additional time and money (continous paycheck) to prepare for the LSAT.

I wish that was an option, but I just checked and my last PFT is 3 years old. Well...this process is teaching me patience and giving me additional time and money (continous paycheck) to prepare for the LSAT.
You can try to get an appointment with your pulmonologist/allergist to do a new one and send it in. It might be faster that way.

You can try to get an appointment with your pulmonologist/allergist to do a new one and send it in. It might be faster that way.
I'm going to try this. I've contacted VES to see if the PFT is the only claim that requires my mask to be removed. I honestly feel like it isn't, but I inquired anyway.

I just received an email from VES stating that they have the green light to conduct exams that require the removal of masks here in Germany. The caveat is that the facility, provider and member must all agree to it. I’m okay with it as the provider should be wearing a mask, so I’m hoping to have an appointment here within the next week or so IF my local provider agrees.
Hope this data point provides a little hope to us that are waiting.

I'm in a similar boat as far as the QTC mask policy. I have one claim left for allergic rhinitis, which is not related to my boardable condition. Does anyone have any insight on how the VA handles medical conditions that are preexisting to the military? Allergies are in my medical records from MEPS and I don't have nasal polyps or anything like that. I just don't want a condition that I won't receive any percentage for holding up the entire process. Good luck to everyone dealing with this process!

You can drop the rhinitis claim if you wish and claim it after you’re out. I requested that today with my PEBLO, but then I received the email from VES...

Just an update... contacted VSO and was told I cant cancel my PFT due to it being connected to my primary disability.

So.... ive been playing the waiting game.

I contacted QTC and was told PFTs for my zip code are still postponed. I asked where this list was located of approved zip codes and they only said they get it from the VA.

The unknown waiting game continues with no progress....the most confusing part is I just took both of my daughters to their annual dental exam with no issues...

I'm sorry to hear that. I received an email today scheduling my PFT as long as I was okay with removing my mask. Hopefully you hear something this week so you can get on with it. I initially tried to cancel my PFT, but because it is for TB and could be potentially unfitting (I didn't know this), they did not cancel it at the direction of my MSC.

I'm in a similar boat as far as the QTC mask policy. I have one claim left for allergic rhinitis, which is not related to my boardable condition. Does anyone have any insight on how the VA handles medical conditions that are preexisting to the military? Allergies are in my medical records from MEPS and I don't have nasal polyps or anything like that. I just don't want a condition that I won't receive any percentage for holding up the entire process. Good luck to everyone dealing with this process!
EPTS is your current percentage minus your estimated percentage at induction. If no change then 0, otherwise the percentage made worst by service. After 8 years of AD there is no EPTS.

Some people have withdrawn claims to get the process going. There is risk in that strategy, but the level depends on individual circumstance.

Yes I did the same thing....at the moment my sanity means a lot more to me!