Babineaux

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
February 2019- Diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis
March 2019- Permanent LIMDU with "no functional limitations" for non-deployment due to prescribed immunosuppressant Humira
May 2019- Med Board initiated, inducted into IDES
August 6, 2019- First round of C&P exams, VA Status: "Claim Received", "Initial Review", and "Evidence Gathering, Review, and Decision"
December 14, 2019- Final C&P exam
December 20, 2019- VA reviews submitted evidence
January 31, 2020- MEB moves to PEB
February 11, 2020- VA Status: Closed, "We sent you a decision letter."

My PEBLO hasn't informed me whether I was found fit or unfit for duty, and she hasn't received the decision letter, yet. Something about how fast it moved from the PEB to mailing a decision letter makes me think that this will be a fit for duty determination. However, my original claim on VA.gov remains in an "Evidence Gathering, Review, and Decision" status, with each claim being at "Pending Decision Approval," and there is a separate claim status of "Closed."
VA Screen Clip.png
The estimated completion date of the original claim is 05/03/2020 - 07/12/2020.

The only update my PEBLO had been able to give me to this point was that my package was pending adjudication, even when I emailed her February 10, 2020. I called her yesterday, after emailing her, to tell her that my letter had been mailed, and she told me she'll call me when she receives it.

Hopefully, someone can help me make sense of this. Has anyone been in this situation and received an unfit for duty determination and a rating proposal, or does this end in fit for duty every time?

I am in the exact same boat; started process in August, C&P oct, NARSUM Nov/Dec, just signed DES papers and waiting on PEB acceptance/fit unfit. PEBLO told me 30 days is current timeline for Navy/Marines on the East coast. I also take Humira, have 95% symptoms resolved so simply waiting word.

I am in the exact same boat; started process in August, C&P oct, NARSUM Nov/Dec, just signed DES papers and waiting on PEB acceptance/fit unfit. PEBLO told me 30 days is current timeline for Navy/Marines on the East coast. I also take Humira, have 95% symptoms resolved so simply waiting word.
My Humira stopped working to the point where most of my joints were inflamed and several of my tendons were in pain, so I did bloodwork to test for antibodies. >19,600 AU/mL, roughly 80x the amount that would render the Humira ineffective. I was prescribed Methotrexate and Cosentyx, and have had success on the first shot of a 5 week loading dose.

Good luck, and I hope the medication continues to work for you!

What was the finding? What branch?
I called the VA Benefits and Services today to have my decision letter with the proposed ratings faxed to me, and I have a total VA rating of 70%. USMC.
I also got a message on MOL today which states that my case was accepted by the PEB.

My Humira stopped working to the point where most of my joints were inflamed and several of my tendons were in pain, so I did bloodwork to test for antibodies. >19,600 AU/mL, roughly 80x the amount that would render the Humira ineffective. I was prescribed Methotrexate and Cosentyx, and have had success on the first shot of a 5 week loading dose.

Good luck, and I hope the medication continues to work for you!

How long where you on Humira for before it became ineffective?
What to the docs attribute the high antibodies too? I took methotrexate in the past also and it worked great but it had to many ads effects for me.

How long where you on Humira for before it became ineffective?
What to the docs attribute the high antibodies too? I took methotrexate in the past also and it worked great but it had to many ads effects for me.
I was taking Humira for about 10 months before it stopped working. My rheumatologist told me that I'm only her second case in the past five years who has developed antibodies to Humira, and that she isn't sure why it happens, exactly.

March 2019- Permanent LIMDU with "no functional limitations" for non-deployment due to prescribed immunosuppressant Humira
August 6, 2019- First round of C&P exams, VA Status: "Claim Received", "Initial Review", and "Evidence Gathering, Review, and Decision"

My PEBLO hasn't informed me whether I was found fit or unfit for duty, and she hasn't received the decision letter, yet. Something about how fast it moved from the PEB to mailing a decision letter makes me think that this will be a fit for duty determination. However, my original claim on VA.gov remains in an "Evidence Gathering, Review, and Decision" status, with each claim being at "Pending Decision Approval," and there is a separate claim status of "Closed."
View attachment 5460
The estimated completion date of the original claim is 05/03/2020 - 07/12/2020.

The only update my PEBLO had been able to give me to this point was that my package was pending adjudication, even when I emailed her February 10, 2020. I called her yesterday, after emailing her, to tell her that my letter had been mailed, and she told me she'll call me when she receives it.

Hopefully, someone can help me make sense of this. Has anyone been in this situation and received an unfit for duty determination and a rating proposal, or does this end in fit for duty every time?
The VA website will not be updated until you separate that is after you receive your 199 you burn all your leave time and you receive a green ID card

Hey y’all. I’m in the same boat. My claim was received 28 Oct 2019. My PEBLO told me that since my claim was sent to VA then that means the PEB found my case unfit. VA.gov lists my claims as being closed as of 26 March and that my claim is being mailed to me in 7-10 business days. It also instructed me to go my E Benefits to see my disability ratings.
My question to y’all is why does it say on E Benefits that my total percentage is “N/A” and that my claim is pending approval. I attached a screen shot of it. Any advice or guidance is appreciated!

Attachments

• D4463883-6132-4428-9AA1-06320343D9D5.jpeg
    D4463883-6132-4428-9AA1-06320343D9D5.jpeg
    756.2 KB · Views: 32
April 13, 2020- PEBLO receives IPEB findings, 10% DOD, 70% VA.
April 16, 2020- EAS date changes in MOL to June 15, 2020.

Hey y’all. I’m in the same boat. My claim was received 28 Oct 2019. My PEBLO told me that since my claim was sent to VA then that means the PEB found my case unfit. VA.gov lists my claims as being closed as of 26 March and that my claim is being mailed to me in 7-10 business days. It also instructed me to go my E Benefits to see my disability ratings.
My question to y’all is why does it say on E Benefits that my total percentage is “N/A” and that my claim is pending approval. I attached a screen shot of it. Any advice or guidance is appreciated!
eBenefits will not show your disability percentage until after your EAS date, when your ratings are finalized.