IDES/LDES, another question..

Gunner2070

Registered Member
I have looked over numerous posts and only ask this given that I didn't really find an answer to my specific question. I am currently awaiting IRILO decision on moving to an MEB. Every doctor I have talked to military, VA, and private have all stated they would be shocked if it does not go to and MEB. That being said I have met the PEBLO once and she mentioned the LDES as possibly being beneficial to me given my circumstance.

I was active for 4 years deployed a few times got out and went into the Air Guard for 6 years. After 4 years in the guard I self reported for numerous symptoms related to PTSD and was diagnosed as such. I wasn't really given much help since I was a traditional guardsman. The therapist I was seeing with the guard told me to go to the VA for further help. Started that process and got an eventual rating at 100% total and permanent. That was a year ago.

I did some digging and found out even with this rating, being processed under IDES I would have to go back for another C&P for PTSD. This seems pretty damn absurd to me and a waste of resources/money but I know very little about the system other than my own research. The two C&P appointments I had were very triggering for me given the topics I had to talk about.

I was hoping someone might be able to offer some advice. I have seen posts for and against but nothing related to already having a VA rating and going through IDES or LDES. I appreciate any response.