IDES or LDES?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhenBearsFly

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hey Team,

I'm wondering if anyone can give counsel on selecting IDES or LDES given my circumstances. I'm stationed overseas and am being referred to an MEB/PEB for psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis, and am being treated with Humira and Methotrexate.

Based on research, I'm expecting I'll be found unfit and will receive a 60% rate from the DoD and about 70-80% from the VA. Please speak up, though, if anyone has been found fit for service while taking Humira and Methotrexate. I'm an AD Air Force pilot and MTX is unwaiverable, so either way, it looks like my flying career is over.

As for the big question, I'm wondering if there are any huge drawbacks to the LDES that I'm not currently aware of. I know that I'll have to make my claim with the VA, get my C&P exams done and get my ratings, etc. taken care of after I get out, but does anyone have any ideas how long all of that would take?

I'll have about 50 days of terminal leave plus 20-ish days of PTDY, so would I be able to get all of my VA stuff squared away in that time frame so that there's no gap in pay? I'll be relocating to DC, so there should be no shortage of VA treatment locations.

I understand that I'd get all of this taken care of before I got out under the IDES system, I'm just ready to get back to the states and get a job where I can actually make an impact again. I've been out of the cockpit, and therefore haven't been doing anything productive, for nearly a year now.

Thanks in advance for the input! I appreciate the insights. All the best.

MajTAGR

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
IDES would have been the correct choice. Did things work out how you planned?

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Given your time in service (qualified pilot takes time) I'm surprised that LDES is even an option.

Russ35057

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Ides trust me. I already am rated and my peblo recommend ides

RonG

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Thread closed. The original poster has not been seen in almost two years and his post was in 2017.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.
data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">