IDES Time Line Update

Macattack

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
  1. 13 MAY 18 MEB REFFERAL
  2. 30 MAY 18 IRILO Initial Notification
  3. 31 MAY 18 INITAL PEBLO BRIEF
  4. 6 JULY 18 NURSE FINALIZE MEDICAL DISQUALIFICATION REVIEW FOR MDD,MIGRIANES AND LBP
  5. 8 AUG 18 NARSUM w/ MENTAL HEALTH
  6. 5 SEPT PENDING MRI
  7. 7 SEPT REQUEST FOR CC IMPACT LETTER SENT TO CC
  8. 10 SEPT 18 NARSUM w/ MEB FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS.
  9. 3 OCT 18 FULL MEB BOARD DIRECTED ( waiting for VA to call to schedule appts)
  10. 23 OCT 18 VA appointments with QTP
  11. 3 JAN 19 received va rating decision from Peblo
  12. 14 JAN 19 GOT ORDERS
  13. 5 MAR LV
  14. 27 APR SEPARATE
  15. MAY-JUNE - va still pending claim . Closed the old claim and then opened a new one after I gave them my DD-214. At this time I must of checked e benefits 3 times a day . Applied for unemployment and got accepted. Received ret pay from dod on June 1st. I’m extremely confused since I opted out of dod pay for the va pay. They told me it was one or the other. Now I owe unemployment office since dod pay is taxable.
  16. 3 JUNE VA GOV STATES PREPARING FOR NOTIFICATION.
So many tears shred through this process of not knowing when or what the outcome will be .
But I need to find out if once I get the va , will I automatically get it tax free 100% or will it be half and half and I have to call someone to take away that taxable income from dod n just keep the VA check ?

You said you got your va findings so im confused as well? Are you over 20 years , did you get medically retired or separated, I would assume retired if you received DOD retro pay ? if your not over 20 you should be receiving va if its higher if you were medicially retired.

I got medically retired and I did 6 years
Will from what I know or have read you get paid from which ever side is the highest if the dod is higher than va you get dod and vice versa if you are under 20. If your va is higher and you are getting dod then you should definitely be finding out why.

You said you got your va findings so im confused as well? Are you over 20 years , did you get medically retired or separated, I would assume retired if you received DOD retro pay ? if your not over 20 you should be receiving va if its higher if you were medicially retired.
Not unless he agreed to accept VA compensation and waive retired pay dollar for dollar in the amount of VA compensation received. Some retirees mistakenly (in my opinion) do not agree to the waiver. That results in the payment of only the retired pay even if it is less than the VA comp.

Additionally, there are cases where the waiver does not cause a total loss of retired pay. The residual retired pay is retained by the retiree.

The process is not an "either or" situation as some believe.

Most retirees agree to accept VA compensation and waive retired pay dollar for dollar...etc.

If the retiree also qualified for another retirement such as "regular" (20 years AD) and he/she has a VA rating of 50% or more...payment of CRDP would be in order as long as other requirements are met.

Ron

edited to add: The retiree said, "Received ret pay from dod on June 1st. I’m extremely confused since I opted out of dod pay for the va pay. They told me it was one or the other. Now I owe unemployment office since dod pay is taxable." If the VA compensation has yet to be paid, there is no waiver to implement at this time.

Also in his timeline: "MAY-JUNE - va still pending claim . Closed the old claim and then opened a new one after I gave them my DD-214. At this time I must of checked e benefits 3 times a day . Applied for unemployment and got accepted "

My claim finished today . Thanks for everyone’s help it’s been 8 long months but I stayed positive !

1. 13 MAY 18 MEB REFFERAL
  2. 30 MAY 18 IRILO Initial Notification
  3. 31 MAY 18 INITAL PEBLO BRIEF
  4. 6 JULY 18 NURSE FINALIZE MEDICAL DISQUALIFICATION REVIEW FOR MDD,MIGRIANES AND LBP
  5. 8 AUG 18 NARSUM w/ MENTAL HEALTH
  6. 5 SEPT PENDING MRI
  7. 7 SEPT REQUEST FOR CC IMPACT LETTER SENT TO CC
  8. 10 SEPT 18 NARSUM w/ MEB FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS.
  9. 3 OCT 18 FULL MEB BOARD DIRECTED ( waiting for VA to call to schedule appts)
  10. 23 OCT 18 VA appointments with QTP
  11. 3 JAN 19 received va rating decision from Peblo
  12. 14 JAN 19 GOT ORDERS
  13. 5 MAR LV
  14. 27 APR SEPARATE
  15. MAY-JUNE - va still pending claim . Closed the old claim and then opened a new one after I gave them my DD-214. At this time I must of checked e benefits 3 times a day . Applied for unemployment and got accepted. Received ret pay from dod on June 1st. I’m extremely confused since I opted out of dod pay for the va pay. They told me it was one or the other. Now I owe unemployment office since dod pay is taxable.
  16. 3 JUNE VA GOV STATES PREPARING FOR NOTIFICATION.
So many tears shred through this process of not knowing when or what the outcome will be .
But I need to find out if once I get the va , will I automatically get it tax free 100% or will it be half and half and I have to call someone to take away that taxable income from dod n just keep the VA check ?
So I am curious because my times are pretty much the same as yours and my claim was resubmitted on the effective date of my retirement. Was your official the same as your proposed rating? No one I knew was aware of them starting a new claim on your effective retirement/sep date. My case still says preparation for decision.

So I am curious because my times are pretty much the same as yours and my claim was resubmitted on the effective date of my retirement. Was your official the same as your proposed rating? No one I knew was aware of them starting a new claim on your effective retirement/sep date. My case still says preparation for decision.

Yes my official rating was the same as my proposed rating . Yeah seems like they closed my claim After the proposed rating then open the new claim because they have to review the package a second time for accuracy.

Thank you for the response I was caught off guard with the new claim submission and no one I knew was aware of it as part of the process. I know people who got out via a regular sep/retirement and they already have their rating and got a check. I just think it is a bit odd that I had a rating and it is still taking a while and the new proposed rating won't be complete possibly until the end of July.

Your welcome!!! Same here. I thought the claim was going to be complete a week after retirement. But unfortunately the process actually takes another month for the final review by the regional office. I have no clue when I’ll get paid yet

Yeah I was told that it should be quick after retirement since we already had a proposed rating before we got out. I am in the same holding pattern too.