script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js">

IDES Timeline

Craftkj

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I don't believe it would interfere with anything but maybe check with your lawyer to double check.

Bbenny15

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Talking about self care while in the process, can anyone answer this? Anybody know if it’s a big deal to get a a foot surgery for tarsal tunnel while in the PEB. It’s the foot equivalent to carpal tunnel in the hand. I figure I mine as well get it done while I’m waiting. I already got rated at 100%VA without documenting tarsal tunnel as a medical condition. Something they found on top of plantar facitis. It was cleared by my Peblo.
I was told to wait on getting my wisdom teeth out because of one of my claims and that if I had them taken out I would have to redo the exam afterwards.

tech9314

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I asked him and he was a little surprise but didn’t really see any issues as long as the Peblo cleared it.
When I signed my MEB intake forms, there was a form that said if you decide to do elective surgery while during the MEB, they can pause/stop your process if it is possible that the surgery/procedure will correct your referred condition. I would definitely double check with your attorney.

JoeUSMC

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Talking about self care while in the process, can anyone answer this? Anybody know if it’s a big deal to get a a foot surgery for tarsal tunnel while in the PEB. It’s the foot equivalent to carpal tunnel in the hand. I figure I mine as well get it done while I’m waiting. I already got rated at 100%VA without documenting tarsal tunnel as a medical condition. Something they found on top of plantar facitis. It was cleared by my Peblo.
I had surgery the beginning of this month and it hasn't caused any issues with my case. However, mine was considered emergency surgery because I was stung by a stingray. Not sure if your surgery is elective or not but that determination might make a difference.

PR14

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I had surgery the beginning of this month and it hasn't caused any issues with my case. However, mine was considered emergency surgery because I was stung by a stingray. Not sure if your surgery is elective or not but that determination might make a difference.
Glad you didn't get Steve Erwin'd.

Bbenny15

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
It does, you can't have surgery to correct an injury, this would change your c&p exams and so they would need to be redone. If your case is at the peb for 120 days just to get sent back for a surgery you got? Rip.. im waiting till I get out to claim 2 other injuries found in my c&p exams and to have surgery done a rare hernia.

POG

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
This is promising news. My case went up 14 May.
I hope you get your findings soon brother, I really do. All you guys have been here for a while. I'm hoping the process actually IS speeding up and most of us can get out before the new year so that we can start on a clean slate come Jan 1st.

POG

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Can someone post a link to that Facebook group

Both groups