script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js">

IDES Timeline

POG

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Submitted 22 April
Received findings 21 August
USMC

Seriously the longest wait ever…now to get orders so I can hang up the uniform.
Great news, please keep us updated on how soon your EAS updates and how far out. Thank you!

JoeUSMC

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Has anyone had any luck with expedited requests to the PEB. Received a job offer for $160k and would hate to miss out because the PEB is moving so slow.

BrokenVet

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Has anyone had any luck with expedited requests to the PEB. Received a job offer for $160k and would hate to miss out because the PEB is moving so slow.
Unfortunately there is no way to expedite it for us but there is for the Army. I’ve already missed 2 100K a year job offers because of this bullshit.

BrokenVet

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I was lucky enough to secure a 70K job offer for January though. Even then I am beginning to stress about how close it’s getting and I haven’t heard a single thing about my case.

JoeUSMC

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Unfortunately there is no way to expedite it for us but there is for the Army. I’ve already missed 2 100K a year job offers because of this bullshit.
Sorry to hear you've missed out on great jobs. I was hesitant to apply but the company contacted me and asked me to apply even after I explained my situation. They sounded sincere when they said they had no issues holding the position even though I might not be able to start before the end of this year. Hopefully they are true to their word. They sent me a written offer today so they are doing more than just lip service.

BrokenVet

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Sorry to hear you've missed out on great jobs. I was hesitant to apply but the company contacted me and asked me to apply even after I explained my situation. They sounded sincere when they said they had no issues holding the position even though I might not be able to start before the end of this year. Hopefully they are true to their word. They sent me a written offer today so they are doing more than just lip service.
I’m happy for you and I’m glad I was able to secure a job at least. It’s a huge weight off my shoulders knowing I won’t be struggling financially on top of my disabilities. I’m just disappointed that the Navy/MC doesn’t really care how difficult it is to plan around this with absolutely no accurate timelines throughout the process. I know there are others that aren’t as lucky as we have been who will have terrible times transitioning because of the delays and lack of communication. It is infuriating seeing people that served and got hurt being treated this way.

Vk777

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
It does, you can't have surgery to correct an injury, this would change your c&p exams and so they would need to be redone. If your case is at the peb for 120 days just to get sent back for a surgery you got? Rip.. im waiting till I get out to claim 2 other injuries found in my c&p exams and to have surgery done a rare hernia.
I’ll take my chances. Hopefully everything will workout. It was for an unclaimed problem so it’s like it never happened lol

brokenmonkey

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Called my Peblo yesterday, like i do every day. She said that my case was stagnant for 100+ days and then finally it was moving. Now she says that the PEB doesn't agree with a rating that the VA gave me so they sent it back to the VA to re-do the rating. I e-mailed my lawyer and haven't gotten a response yet but I am just curious as to what this means. Is it a good thing or a bad thing? Does it mean they found me unfit and are trying to nail down the ratings? Is the VA going to change their proposed rating theyve given me or just the DOD side changes? Do i have to wait another 156 fucking days??? lol. I'm dying here boys.

Reactions: POG

BrokenVet

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Bruh where are yall getting job offers. Jeez
The money is in aviation for defense contracting. Supply/Logistics managers and site supervisors. They’re rare because people don’t usually leave them until retirement so missing out on them is crappy.

nicholeac

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Somewhat hopeful, spoke with a JAG in DC and he said I’m in the right timeframe to get results soon. Mine was sent to the PEB July 15 2021. Don’t know if he was just telling me what I wanted to hear but he told me to email him again next week. Maybe things are finally speeding up there in DC

JoeUSMC

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
What branch of service are you? My case has been with the PEB since 14 May and I'm still waiting for findings. I know of others that went to the PEB before me and they are still waiting too.

BrokenVet

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Somewhat hopeful, spoke with a JAG in DC and he said I’m in the right timeframe to get results soon. Mine was sent to the PEB July 15 2021. Don’t know if he was just telling me what I wanted to hear but he told me to email him again next week. Maybe things are finally speeding up there in DC
I’d say he was blowing smoke if you’re Navy/MC. I sent mine May 3 and haven’t heard a thing. I’m still seeing people from April that haven’t heard anything.

nicholeac

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
What branch of service are you? My case has been with the PEB since 14 May and I'm still waiting for findings. I know of others that went to the PEB before me and they are still waiting too.
I’m navy. I think he was honestly just telling me what I want to hear. But who knows.

nicholeac

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I’d say he was blowing smoke if you’re Navy/MC. I sent mine May 3 and haven’t heard a thing. I’m still seeing people from April that haven’t heard anything.
Yeah that shits annoying. I just wanna be told straight up if it’s going to take forever

BryanATnavy

Registered Member
Submitted my case to MEB April 29th, the VA sent their proposed rating to MEB May 11th. Anyone got a timeline of when I should get results? Also is there any way to see what the VA proposed my rating is? or is that kept secret from me until the MEB completes their part? I have checked the VA website, but it still shows Evidence Gathering, Review and Decision.