script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js">

IDES Timeline

Bbenny15

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Somewhat hopeful, spoke with a JAG in DC and he said I’m in the right timeframe to get results soon. Mine was sent to the PEB July 15 2021. Don’t know if he was just telling me what I wanted to hear but he told me to email him again next week. Maybe things are finally speeding up there in DC
Can you send me the contact info, my package was sent july 13th

POG

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Can you send me the contact info, my package was sent july 13th
Hey! Me too. Can I get that number too? My command is denying me the ability to go to Operation Warfighter program (DoDI 1300.25) because I don't meet the criteria and told the coordinator they would let me go for 8 weeks or less once I got my findings because in their eyes THAT is when I'm eligible.

POG

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
You guys wanna see something cool? This is the response my Congressman got. It pretty much just says that they'll get to it when they get to it and I'm still getting paid so shut the fuck up and deal with it. Pretty awesome.

"Dear Representative XXX:
Thank you for your email of August 12, 2021, to the Department of the Navy’s Chief of Legislative Affairs requesting assistance for your constituent Machinist’s Mate Nuclear Petty Officer First Class XXXXXXXXXXXXX, United States Navy. Your letter was forwarded to this office for response.
The Department of the Navy’s Physical Evaluation Board (PEB) is part of the Disability Evaluation System (DES) and was established by statute to determine the fitness of Navy and Marine Corps Service members for continued naval service. The PEB’s findings are made after a detailed review using guidelines prescribed by statute and Department of the Navy and Department of Defense policy. If the PEB finds the member is unfit for continued naval service due to a physical or mental disability, he will be retired with a pension and health insurance for himself and his dependents or separated with severance pay depending on the assigned percentage rating from the Department of Veterans Affairs.

The PEB received MMN1 XXXXXXX DES case on April 20, 2021. Due to gaps in physician manning, a mandated transition to a new Records Management System, and a large backlog of cases due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the PEB is experiencing unprecedented delays in adjudicating cases. The PEB will adjudicate MMN1 XXXXXX case in the order in which it was received and will notify him when a decision has been made. While remaining on active duty during his DES processing, MMN1XXXXXX will receive full pay and benefits.

I can assure you that MMN1 XXXXX will be given a fair and impartial review of his case and have access to the multiple levels of due process afforded by the DES."
You ever wonder if writing your congressman had a negative impact on your case timeliness?

brokenmonkey

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
You ever wonder if writing your congressman had a negative impact on your case timeliness?
I think about that all the time. My Peblo can't help, my lawyer can't help, the IG comment yielded nothing, and my congressman just got a letter back that said "suck it up". It is what it is. I think there really is nothing we can do but wait, which is terrible and sad. Hopefully they don't hold a grudge against me but who knows. We'll see. 157 days at the PEB!

Reactions: POG

Jalalabadbad

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I’m expecting a 180 day wait. I’m at 143 days.

fuck-fuck-you.gif

I'm at 114 days