IDES Timeline

brokenmonkey

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I have spent time looking on this forum at other peoples timelines and stories so I figured i would add my own. 10 years of service in the Nuke field and issued into IDES in October of 2020.

Issued into IDES - October 25, 2020
First exam - Jan 5, 2021
Last exam - Feb 25, 2021 (I had 6 exams in total)
Call QTC and be proactive with your exams, otherwise they will wait and schedule them for far out dates.
VA.gov shows case closed - Apr 7, 2021
I am in IDES so i can't see any proposed numbers and they don't send a letter either.
NARSUM/NMA complete - Apr 9, 2021
I signed eMEB - Apr 12, 2021
Package sent to PEB - Apr 20, 2021
Fit/Unfit - ??????
Ratings - ??????
Orders and exit date - ??????

I reached out to my lawyer and PEBLO yesterday to get an update. Lawyer said that my package hasn't even been assigned to anyone yet and nothing has been done. My PEBLO said that she has people that have been waiting 11 weeks and still have no information, so hold tight and hopefully we get an answer in a few weeks. "A few weeks" is what i have been told throughout every step of this process. How is this a thing? How are these people able to just sit on this important paperwork for months and not even open the files? Sorry, venting a little bit but I think it's just ridiculous. My lawyer also said that a lot of people on the PEB are PCS'ing so there is a big changeout of personnel which is why it's taking so long. Any information on this or help in any way? Wish i could see the progress for myself instead of relying on email's through my PEBLO/Lawyer.

Thank you for sharing your insights.

Over 6 weeks since IPEB was sent. Nothing. My PEBLO said that they just got one back that was sent 12 weeks ago but is hopeful that things will start moving soon. I'll believe it when i see it.

Over 6 weeks since IPEB was sent. Nothing. My PEBLO said that they just got one back that was sent 12 weeks ago but is hopeful that things will start moving soon. I'll believe it when i see it.
Yesterday made 8 weeks for mine up there. This process is embarrassing. How do you have people PCS from this billet without the people being trained on it first. F’n ridiculous.

My package got submitted to the PEB March 22 and I just got my findings and ratings together today. April 6 is what the VA says that they sent out their findings. I heard there was a lot of turnover and PCSing at the PEB recently though so they’re probably just trying to get all caught up. A friend of mine just got his findings and ratings back today also right before I got the phone call about mine. So I think they’re starting to move along now.

My package got submitted to the PEB March 22 and I just got my findings and ratings together today. April 6 is what the VA says that they sent out their findings. I heard there was a lot of turnover and PCSing at the PEB recently though so they’re probably just trying to get all caught up. A friend of mine just got his findings and ratings back today also right before I got the phone call about mine. So I think they’re starting to move along now.
Congrats!!! I hope you got what you wanted/deserved. It is nice that they sent the decision with the numbers, all at the same time. And it looks like they are starting to move some paperwork through now, playing catch up. I am at 7 weeks now, so hopefully within the month. Congrats and thanks for your update.

Over 9 weeks now. Every time i ask what the current status is, the timeline gets pushed a couple weeks. At first it was 30-45 days, then it was 6-8 weeks, then 9 or 10 weeks and now it is 12-14 weeks.. Awesome. Will just continue to keep my life on hold. They really aren't supporting the mental stress associated with this process.

Over 9 weeks now. Every time i ask what the current status is, the timeline gets pushed a couple weeks. At first it was 30-45 days, then it was 6-8 weeks, then 9 or 10 weeks and now it is 12-14 weeks.. Awesome. Will just continue to keep my life on hold. They really aren't supporting the mental stress associated with this process.
I understand the frustration, was also told 6-8 weeks and just hit 11 weeks yesterday. It isn’t easy but be patient and hang in there, you are not alone!

Over 10 weeks. Is anyone out there getting any good news? I hope that someone is. Its tough to watch other branches finish their IPEB process within weeks of submitting it and the navy takes 10, 12, 14 weeks. Hangin in there.
Also, i'm now 233 days past my originial EAOS, hurts lol.

Tomorrow makes 12 weeks for me, had someone from april 1st on my base come back Monday. Hopefully we’ll be soon

Over 10 weeks. Is anyone out there getting any good news? I hope that someone is. Its tough to watch other branches finish their IPEB process within weeks of submitting it and the navy takes 10, 12, 14 weeks. Hangin in there.
Also, i'm now 233 days past my originial EAOS, hurts lol.
I've been told that Navy/Marine PEB cases all go through the DC office (I guess it is the only one) regardless of geographic location of the member going through the IDES process. This likely contributes to the longer wait when compared to the Army/Air Force.

I started the IDES process in August 2020. Started going to VA exams in Feb/March 2021. NARSUM came back on 15 April. I requested an Impartial Provider Review (IPR) of the NARSUM on 22 April. MEB completed the IPR on 3 May and I requested an appeal on 7 May. The MEB rebutted my appeal and my case was sent to the PEB on 14 May. I received a notification in MOL on 11 June saying "Your medical board case has been accepted by the PEB for action". I assume this means the PEB started looking at my case but my PEBLO was not able to confirm this. However, he did confirm that he forwarded my case the PEB on 14 May. On 16 June the VA.gov portal updated my disability claim status to "closed" with a note stating my case was complete and that a decision letter was being sent in the mail. Called my PEBLO and and he said the VA ratings were back, he could see them but he couldn't officially tell me what they are because the PEB hasn't made a fitness determination yet. My PEBLO also went on to say that he was "100% certain you'll be happy with the findings if you are catching my hint"

This whole process has been hurry up and wait for me. Rush to meet their deadlines then wait for weeks/months with no feedback or insight into what is going on. All the while fighting my command to make sure I don't get PCS'd in the middle of the IDES process. Hopefully we will here something soon because this whole process is crazy stressful.

Yes, both Navy/USMC go to the Washington Naval Yard for review! As for tge mol notification, I don’t believe that is when it begins to be viewed, my peblo told me they accepted mine apr 8th even though I got a notification on MoL saying the 19th. As for PCS I don’t believe you are allowed to do that while undergoing PEB. I hate to say it, but it may be a while before your results come back. I was told mine should be in NLT next week and like I said, mine was Apr 8th.

Yes, both Navy/USMC go to the Washington Naval Yard for review! As for tge mol notification, I don’t believe that is when it begins to be viewed, my peblo told me they accepted mine apr 8th even though I got a notification on MoL saying the 19th. As for PCS I don’t believe you are allowed to do that while undergoing PEB. I hate to say it, but it may be a while before your results come back. I was told mine should be in NLT next week and like I said, mine was Apr 8th.

You should not PCS while going through the IDES process. They had my orders written up as a PCA instead of a PCS so they could get around the rules and move me. By the order it was still a PCS because I would be changing parent commands and changing bases but they were calling it a PCA because the new command was within 50 miles from my current duty station. I was successful in getting my orders delayed until the PEB comes back with a decision and that really helped mitigate a lot of stress for me and my family. Just ridiculous that I had to fight to not be moved. They say the IDES process is supposed to benefit the service member but it doesn't always play out in our favor.

Tomorrow makes 12 weeks for me, had someone from april 1st on my base come back Monday. Hopefully we’ll be soon

Mine was submitted April 5th and still haven’t heard anything. We have similar timelines. Can you please keep me updated if you hear anything? Thank you! (AD Navy)

I have a friend whose package was sent up April 1st that received findings last week. Mine was received April 26th, and the PEBLO estimates findings by the first week of August.

Anyone that had their case sent early April hear back from the Peb?

Mine was submitted to the PEB on April 5th.
June 28th: PEBLO said my case was in the process of being looked at by the medical officer and that she doesn’t have a timeframe for completion.