IDES Timeline

I asked him and he was a little surprise but didn’t really see any issues as long as the Peblo cleared it.
When I signed my MEB intake forms, there was a form that said if you decide to do elective surgery while during the MEB, they can pause/stop your process if it is possible that the surgery/procedure will correct your referred condition. I would definitely double check with your attorney.

Talking about self care while in the process, can anyone answer this? Anybody know if it’s a big deal to get a a foot surgery for tarsal tunnel while in the PEB. It’s the foot equivalent to carpal tunnel in the hand. I figure I mine as well get it done while I’m waiting. I already got rated at 100%VA without documenting tarsal tunnel as a medical condition. Something they found on top of plantar facitis. It was cleared by my Peblo.
I had surgery the beginning of this month and it hasn't caused any issues with my case. However, mine was considered emergency surgery because I was stung by a stingray. Not sure if your surgery is elective or not but that determination might make a difference.

I had surgery the beginning of this month and it hasn't caused any issues with my case. However, mine was considered emergency surgery because I was stung by a stingray. Not sure if your surgery is elective or not but that determination might make a difference.
It does, you can't have surgery to correct an injury, this would change your c&p exams and so they would need to be redone. If your case is at the peb for 120 days just to get sent back for a surgery you got? Rip.. im waiting till I get out to claim 2 other injuries found in my c&p exams and to have surgery done a rare hernia.

Has anyone had any luck with expedited requests to the PEB. Received a job offer for $160k and would hate to miss out because the PEB is moving so slow.

Has anyone had any luck with expedited requests to the PEB. Received a job offer for $160k and would hate to miss out because the PEB is moving so slow.
Unfortunately there is no way to expedite it for us but there is for the Army. I’ve already missed 2 100K a year job offers because of this bullshit.

I was lucky enough to secure a 70K job offer for January though. Even then I am beginning to stress about how close it’s getting and I haven’t heard a single thing about my case.

Unfortunately there is no way to expedite it for us but there is for the Army. I’ve already missed 2 100K a year job offers because of this bullshit.
Sorry to hear you've missed out on great jobs. I was hesitant to apply but the company contacted me and asked me to apply even after I explained my situation. They sounded sincere when they said they had no issues holding the position even though I might not be able to start before the end of this year. Hopefully they are true to their word. They sent me a written offer today so they are doing more than just lip service.

Sorry to hear you've missed out on great jobs. I was hesitant to apply but the company contacted me and asked me to apply even after I explained my situation. They sounded sincere when they said they had no issues holding the position even though I might not be able to start before the end of this year. Hopefully they are true to their word. They sent me a written offer today so they are doing more than just lip service.
I’m happy for you and I’m glad I was able to secure a job at least. It’s a huge weight off my shoulders knowing I won’t be struggling financially on top of my disabilities. I’m just disappointed that the Navy/MC doesn’t really care how difficult it is to plan around this with absolutely no accurate timelines throughout the process. I know there are others that aren’t as lucky as we have been who will have terrible times transitioning because of the delays and lack of communication. It is infuriating seeing people that served and got hurt being treated this way.