IDES Timeline

Here is the PEB report as of Tuesday. Find your names if you have questions.
Oh SHIT, good looks bro! How'd you get that? Just by asking your PEBLO? Please update if you're able to get new copies in the future.

EDIT: Attaching a copy I sorted out by "location duration." Looks like there are currently four people sitting at 161 days at the medical officer. Hopefully the rest of us don't take that long.

I'm about 82nd in line from Portsmouth at the Medical Officer, roughly 670th overall. OOF.

Attachments

• PEBLO Report 19OCT SORTED.xlsx.zip
    163.2 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
So after the medical officer does whatever, then who does it go to? Based off the tracker, 161 days should be how long it takes everyone’s case to proceed to the next step??

So after the medical officer does whatever, then who does it go to? Based off the tracker, 161 days should be how long it takes everyone’s case to proceed to the next step??
Some people have been taking way less than 160+ days that seems to be the high end. After med officer it goes to a line officer and if they agree thats the final decision.

Some people have been taking way less than 160+ days that seems to be the high end. After med officer it goes to a line officer and if they agree thats the final decision.
Gotcha I’m just going off the tracker. Do you know if the line officers have an extremely long wait as well similar too the medical officer ?

Gotcha I’m just going off the tracker. Do you know if the line officers have an extremely long wait as well similar too the medical officer ?
Like AngryRick said, it shouldn't be nearly as long. I went through that spreadsheet to see if I could pull some stats on it and there are currently 65 cases at the "Presiding Officer" stage with an average time of 0.95 days. The longest time at Presiding Officer is a single case at 5 days. Honestly it looks like we can pretty much bank on the Presiding Officer deciding in a single day, unless the case gets there on a Friday and sits until Monday or something. The big takeaway here is that based on these numbers, the Medical Officer seems to be processing AT LEAST 65 cases per week. This is only based on this single weekly report though, so I would need to see more of these reports in order to give a better picture of this figure.

In addition, there are 30 cases at the "Third Officer" stage with an average time of 1.43 days. There's also a category for "President of PEB," which averages 5.54 days. I'm not 100% sure what PEB President does, but I think this is for decisions on formal boards.

Like AngryRick said, it shouldn't be nearly as long. I went through that spreadsheet to see if I could pull some stats on it and there are currently 65 cases at the "Presiding Officer" stage with an average time of 0.95 days. The longest time at Presiding Officer is a single case at 5 days. Honestly it looks like we can pretty much bank on the Presiding Officer deciding in a single day, unless the case gets there on a Friday and sits until Monday or something. The big takeaway here is that based on these numbers, the Medical Officer seems to be processing AT LEAST 65 cases per week. This is only based on this single weekly report though, so I would need to see more of these reports in order to give a better picture of this figure.

In addition, there are 30 cases at the "Third Officer" stage with an average time of 1.43 days. There's also a category for "President of PEB," which averages 5.54 days. I'm not 100% sure what PEB President does, but I think this is for decisions on formal boards.
Is the Presiding Officer before or after the Medical Officer?

Is the Presiding Officer before or after the Medical Officer?
POG posted this on the last page:
fb_img_1635022797417-jpg.6994

It looks like cases go from the Medical Officer to the Presiding Officer. If they disagree, then it goes to a third officer for a tiebreaker vote.

Good breakdown. I was at 0 days with the presiding officer based on that reports. Checked with PEBLO today, no updates since, so I’m assuming that puts me at 6 days with the presiding officer. Unless there are steps that happen in the background that don’t show in PEBLOs system.

Hey guys... So I called VA for my proposed ratings and they said they didn't have proposed ratings but they were sent to the DoD PEB on the 21st...does this mean what I think it might mean???
It's probably more likely that the VA rep just doesn't know what they're doing or thinks they're not allowed to tell you about proposed ratings. Just call back and speak to someone else and see if you get the same answer.

Hey guys... So I called VA for my proposed ratings and they said they didn't have proposed ratings but they were sent to the DoD PEB on the 21st...does this mean what I think it might mean???
It might just… take a look on va.gov if your open case has any updates.

I'm hoping ans praying that it means I got found
unfit, the PEB requested my VA file, VA sent it, and now they're figuring out my ratings.

It's happened with quite a few VA reps since my stuff was sent to VA in June that always say there's no ratings ready. So we'll see I guess
My understanding is that the proposed ratings are not finalized until you are officially separated with DD214 in hand. So I wouldn't read too much into what the VA tells you--I don't think they really have any connection to the PEB other than sending them your proposed ratings during the IDES process.

Good breakdown. I was at 0 days with the presiding officer based on that reports. Checked with PEBLO today, no updates since, so I’m assuming that puts me at 6 days with the presiding officer. Unless there are steps that happen in the background that don’t show in PEBLOs system.
There are a few steps listed in the Excel tracker that come after the Presiding Officer, like "Notification to be sent (PEBLO)," "Informal notification sent," "Third Officer" if necessary, etc. But if you're at the Presiding Officer then expect your notification imminently

We need to implant a rogue PEBLO and ideally a board member to keep the tracker underground alive when you separate. Whose looking for a gov job
I think everyone on this thread needs to start asking their PEBLOs to email them the tracker. Hell, just tell them "if you email me the tracker every Tuesday I'll stop bothering you with phone calls"