IDES UPDATE

Keshia lynette

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Just went through the MEB process if anyone is in need of advice.

I started the process in Aug 2019 and I was told around Sept 5 or so I was told that my case would be going up to PEB if i remember correctly.

-During this time I did alot of waiting and reading the regulations. To back track, I had to write my own commanders letter and I did not get the opportunity to get to speak with the commander but thanks to this group I knew how to relay my point across according to the DOD regulation and VA requirements. During the waiting period to see if my conditions would be found fitting or unfitting I did my best to make sure I went to all my appointments. I made sure that i took my medications, refill them, and attended all new appointments. During this process I was told alot of negative things because my conditions consisted of: chronic back pain, L4+L5, bilateral plantar fasciitis, and bilateral leg pain. I was told not to expect anything above 30% and that i would not get the rating I hope for. During this time there is not much you can do so i would try not to worry. I went to all my appointments and I didn't have any MRI's or Xrays come back showing any nerve damage etc. I still went to my appointment, physical therapy, and etc. Out of the year i had over 200 appointments and made sure all were well documented. I also had my VA appointments where I was able to relay to the rep how my conditions affected my job and duties. I highly recommend that you read read read. I made sure that the documentation was there even though none of my MRI's, EMG, X-Rays showed nothing! I also showed that I was trying to get better but i couldn't because of my job. Any questions just ask!

Just went through the MEB process if anyone is in need of advice.

I started the process in Aug 2019 and I was told around Sept 5 or so I was told that my case would be going up to PEB if i remember correctly.

-During this time I did alot of waiting and reading the regulations. To back track, I had to write my own commanders letter and I did not get the opportunity to get to speak with the commander but thanks to this group I knew how to relay my point across according to the DOD regulation and VA requirements. During the waiting period to see if my conditions would be found fitting or unfitting I did my best to make sure I went to all my appointments. I made sure that i took my medications, refill them, and attended all new appointments. During this process I was told alot of negative things because my conditions consisted of: chronic back pain, L4+L5, bilateral plantar fasciitis, and bilateral leg pain. I was told not to expect anything above 30% and that i would not get the rating I hope for. During this time there is not much you can do so i would try not to worry. I went to all my appointments and I didn't have any MRI's or Xrays come back showing any nerve damage etc. I still went to my appointment, physical therapy, and etc. Out of the year i had over 200 appointments and made sure all were well documented. I also had my VA appointments where I was able to relay to the rep how my conditions affected my job and duties. I highly recommend that you read read read. I made sure that the documentation was there even though none of my MRI's, EMG, X-Rays showed nothing! I also showed that I was trying to get better but i couldn't because of my job. Any questions just ask!

What were your ratings? TDRL or PDRL?

I did not risk making new claims, my PEBLO informed me that if I get a good rating that i should just add the additional claim to my va claim

I would be careful when adding new claims, because you want to make sure you have the documentation and the reason why this prevents you from doing your military duties.