If my IDES claim was submitted November 1, will I receive back pay starting from that date?

Tdgentleman

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
My claim was submitted back in november and was initially closed in March when I received and accepted my proposed rating. Then open claim appeared that just got closed on July 5th, but a third claim appeared marked only as “IDES,” which apparently was opened the day after my discharge in May. So I’m wondering, will back pay reach all the way back to when the first claim started to process in November, or will they say that I only qualify for payments from the start of the most recent claim in May? Please bear in mind all subsequent open claims are for the exact same issues they just have been opening and closing automatically throughout the process. Thank you for trying to follow this incoherent writing and offer whatever help possible.

golfrnut

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
The folks that already reaponded to you in your last post already gave you that info. You cant collect active duty pay and disability for the same period.

Jason Perry

Benevolent Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
My claim was submitted back in november and was initially closed in March when I received and accepted my proposed rating. Then open claim appeared that just got closed on July 5th, but a third claim appeared marked only as “IDES,” which apparently was opened the day after my discharge in May. So I’m wondering, will back pay reach all the way back to when the first claim started to process in November, or will they say that I only qualify for payments from the start of the most recent claim in May? Please bear in mind all subsequent open claims are for the exact same issues they just have been opening and closing automatically throughout the process. Thank you for trying to follow this incoherent writing and offer whatever help possible.
The folks that already reaponded to you in your last post already gave you that info. You cant collect active duty pay and disability for the same period.
@Tdgentleman,

I think @golfrnut answered your question. I get that the process is confusing at times and that you are probably anxious for answers and a resolution of your case. One comment is that I see you have made several posts in different places asking, at times, for input on similar issues. I just offer that posting like that, with different posts in multiple places, makes getting good and coherent input less likely. Maybe keep your questions to one thread. That's what I suggest.

I hope you get a good outcome from your case. Best of luck!

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">