If PDRL, will future VA rating (decrease) affect DoD ratings?

gotquestions123

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I've read that VA still does revaluations after PDRL - If I miss the VA evaluation and get a decrease, will DoD pay be lowered even after PDRL?

["Yeah, read it wrong was thinking TDRL. Have been trying to figure out how delete my post. Sorry "]

Edited by Moderator. RonG

Hello,

The DoD disability percentage for PDRL is permanent as the "P" suggests.

VA compensation levels/percentages can be changed under certain circumstances.

Also...

• 5-year rule: If the rating has been in effect for 5 years, it cannot be reduced unless your condition has improved on a sustained basis (The VA must have documentation supporting this is a permanent improvement).
  • 10-year rule: A service connected disability rating cannot be terminated if it has been in effect for 10 years. Compensation can be reduced if evidence exists that the condition has improved. The sole exception is if the VA can prove fraud, in which case the VA can terminate the benefits.
  • 20-year rule: If the rating has been in effect for 20 years, it cannot be reduced below the lowest rating it has held for the previous 20 years. The only exception is if the VA can prove fraud.
  • 100% rule: The VA must prove your medical situation has materially improved and as a result, you are able to perform substantial work.
What do these protected ratings mean? Basically, if you have had a VA service-connected disability rating for 5 years or more, the VA must prove your condition has improved on a sustained basis before they can reduce or terminate your disability rating.

Ron

.[this post has been deleted per request of OP. Mod]

None of that is true unless you missed a C&P appointment missing appointments is a VHA issue not a VBA one.