If you get PDRL, is it actually permanent? Are your ratings protected?

brohammer

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Say if you were to get re-evaluated on the VA side and your ratings went down, would it effect your PDRL and the rating given through that? From my understanding you can always be re-rated and reduced on the VA side, esp for mental health, even if P&T. I am just wondering if you are truly permanently retired with the given rating with PDRL? Thanks

Yes, on the DoD-side, a permanent finding is permanent. (There may be very limited instances where a finding that was made as a result of fraud could potentially change this....but, this is not something that anyone who did not commit a fraud against the government should worry about).

Also, some of your understandings about reviewability of VA findings are not quite right. (But, again, fraud against the government is always a potential issue).

Yes, on the DoD-side, a permanent finding is permanent. (There may be very limited instances where a finding that was made as a result of fraud could potentially change this....but, this is not something that anyone who did not commit a fraud against the government should worry about).

Also, some of your understandings about reviewability of VA findings are not quite right. (But, again, fraud against the government is always a potential issue).

Thanks for the info and yes on the VA side, I am not clear as the info is all over the place. Considering I feel that the docs inflated my records and that the gov followed me to my first job, spread info about my deployment and health records to co-workers, which caused people to sabatoge and harass me...which ended with me having a seizure and further psychotic symptoms, I am not worried about the gov claiming I have committed fraud. That act, which I believe the gov was responsible for, resulted in the end of a potential second career.

My concern is that now since I feel better and am being proactive in trying to work, I may be re-evaluated even with the P&T status as I am seeing VA docs and therapists quite frequently. I’m worried mainly about taking a term job and being out of work in a year, but also being re-evaluated due to being able to hold a job(if that happens). In the end I am ok with having my rating reduced some, if it comes to that, as long as I am gainfully employed. I would much rather be working all the time. But overall, I don’t see it as fair that the diagnosis and security clearance being revoked has blocked me from many jobs, limits my potential earnings greatly and the ability of going into a career field that I want to. With the ratings there is at least some level of competition station for the irreversible damage done to my career(s) and earnings potential.

Last edited:
Opinion.

Re: “Considering I feel that the docs inflated my records and that the gov followed me to my first job, spread info about my deployment and health records to co-workers, which caused people to sabatoge and harass me...which ended with me having a seizure and further psychotic symptoms, I am not worried about the gov claiming I have committed fraud. That act, which I believe the gov was responsible for, resulted in the end of a potential second career.”

Regardless of the type separation, discharge, or retirement, no one other than friends or family cares what we do later. The government does not follow certain former members of the military and attempt to sabotage them.

My son occasionally comments on my military career and I usually reply that I appreciate his pride and appreciation, but that is in the past.

Certain clearances such as TS might involve background information.

Good luck going forward,
Ron

Opinion.

Re: “Considering I feel that the docs inflated my records and that the gov followed me to my first job, spread info about my deployment and health records to co-workers, which caused people to sabatoge and harass me...which ended with me having a seizure and further psychotic symptoms, I am not worried about the gov claiming I have committed fraud. That act, which I believe the gov was responsible for, resulted in the end of a potential second career.”

Regardless of the type separation, discharge, or retirement, no one other than friends or family cares what we do later. The government does not follow certain former members of the military and attempt to sabotage them.

My son occasionally comments on my military career and I usually reply that I appreciate his pride and appreciation, but that is in the past.

Certain clearances such as TS might involve background information.

Good luck going forward,
Ron

I’m 100% certain it happened, they continued to interrogate me, just as they did when I was hospitalised. People I never spoken to before knew details about my deployment and medical history at my first job, without me saying anything. Had co-workers asking me about details of work with foreigners etc.

Before I had left the first hospital after my deployment, I was threatened of later being sued and they asked me over and over again where I would be working and living. I guess to most people this sounds extremely far fetched, but it happened. If people just want to see it as me being crazy, so be it, I know what happened. I feel lucid and know the difference between the delusions I have had exp and reality.

As far as the clearance issue, with it being revoked it blocks me from a ton of GS jobs. I can’t go into the field I was in the military(which is very lucrative and a rewarding career), I can’t work on base for DoD, and speaking with an adjudicator it will more than likely cause issues with ANY federal job that requires at least a public trust background check, which is most. Having a red-flag on a previous clearance has a substantial impact on re-entering federal employment at any capacity. I don’t even know if I will get the job I was recently given a tentative offer for because of this. After I have my SSN to HR, not a day later my status on USA jobs changed to non-referred.

Last edited:
I respect your assessment of the situation. I only expressed my opinion based my 20+ years of AD.

My opinion was partially influenced by having duties five years with a special ammunition command.

Good luck..,

Ron

I respect your assessment of the situation. I only expressed my opinion based my 20+ years of AD.

My opinion was partially influenced by having duties five years with a special ammunition command.

Good luck..,

Ron

I think most people looking in would think the same, it’s too hard to explain everything and one would have to had exp what I did, be in the same career, deployed to the same location etc., to understand fully. My assessment is that because I had such a severe break from reality and had suspicions of foreign partners being currupt, thought an assassin was after me etc., it raised a lot of alarms and opened an investigation. I believe it continued beyond the military. That’s just my thoughts on it.