IMA

robs42

PEB Forum Veteran
today i requested an IMA. when i mentioned it to the medical section, they had no idea about it. so i wipped out the NDAA guideline and they had no clue about it. these are the people that are handeling my MEB. they asked "where did you get this?" i told them that it's very easy to get, it's public knowledge, on the internet and that i retaind a lawyer (jason) and he provided me w/it :D. i've never seen anyone looked so dumbfounded.

Jack

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
amazin aint it..the same folks who they r just so much smarter than anyone else.....lol....i think its so funny in one way when Jason and Mike have top put them in their place...like Stu said they r not bein held accountable BUT boy when we drop the ball we know what happens....OK...No sleep agin and this is what happens...the PTSD meds just dont work...PSYCH DR says they do..but what do I know Im the one takin them....and the DR doesnt have PTSD..so I guess they are right and Im wrong....OK..so jason transfer this post to rant n rave section...still gonna try n call u ROB

fdmckeever

PEB Forum Veteran
This certainly reinforces what Tucci always preaches..get educated on DES and VA. I wonder how many other folks have no clue about the IMA and other salient points of NDAA. Good slam dunk Tucci.

cvma544

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Remember, they have to act on it, which could be a denial and more stupid looks but get something in writing if at all possible, this strengthens your appeal position in the future, and I am sure Jason would love to have that to work with when and if that time comes.

On mine they sent the rebuttal back to the DCCS and he made the changes that made me happy, and then I when forward with the packet and signed it.

Had the DCCS not added to the packet what i wanted added I would have held my ground with the rebuttal.

As I have said, mine when to Ft Lewis and I ended up with 90% from the IPEB, which way more than anyone expceted, (Even me in a pain med enhanced dream) so I signed off on it.

Good Luck...stick to your guns

Stu

robs42

PEB Forum Veteran
i wish you guys could have seen the stupid, dumb look on their faces :confused:. it was priceless. my buddy (supervisor/freddy10) was LHAO afterwards. i can't wait till she tells the med. LTC what happened, because that LTC does not like me @ all, oh well:)

builtgypsy

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
From my PEBLO to whoever else I asked, I either got confusion or deliberate misunderstanding of what it read. My PEBLO repeatedly kept saying it meant me getting a private doctor to look at it instead of them providing one.

My re-evaluation comes up, one of my first questions will be "where's my IMA?"

CSM493

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hopefully the word is starting to get out. After my Part 1 & 2 physical yesterday, I met with my PEBLO. He did advise me that after I receive the NARSUM that I could request an IMA to review the findings. But he did make it sounds like it would be another doc on post that would do it. My understanding is that you could have a private doc be the IMA at your own expense, of course.

Any feedback on this?

CSM/out

HR MANAGER

PEB Forum Regular Member
ALCON,

I must tell you the PEBLO I have at Fort Hood was on top of her game. Everything she told me was in line with the regulation and the advice from this site. It upsets me to know that not all service members are getting the advice that they deserve and have earned. This process has opened my eyes to the flaws in the system. I am really thinking about becoming a PEBLO once I retire.

Military HR is Soldiers taking care of Soldiers.

robs42

PEB Forum Veteran
anyone here have any dealing so far w/an IMA? i requested mine on 13 feb 09 and have not heard anything. it's been 70 days and i'm sure i should be getting results from my IPEB. so did i waste my time requesting one? will this benefit me, if i end up going to the formal? since i requested one in writing and never even received a reply w/an approval or denial. no calls, no e-mail, no letters, NOTHING! i'm just curious to see how everyone else who requested an IMA, made out.

CSM493

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Tucci, I'm a little confused by your post. My understanding is that you get to request an IMA review prior to the MEB being finalized. But you said your case has already been forwarded to the IPEB? As usual, I am probably missing something here....

Steve

builtgypsy

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I would imagine it would make sense to be able to consult an IMA at any point up until the formal board, seeing as how you can continually add new evidence to your case.

I requested an IMA and the PEBLO didn't know what it was. He kept thinking I meant bringing in an outside doctor instead of having one provided. I don't know if the misunderstanding was deliberate or not. But anyone I contacted to try and get some sort of definite yes or no was met with either misdirection or confusion. Hopefully this doesn't become some obscure reference that no one involved with the PDES ever figures out how to really use.

robs42

PEB Forum Veteran
steve, i actually requested the IMA, prior to my stuff getting sent out to the IPEB. i was assuming that i would get something back prior to the package going out. i didn't receive ANY response to my request. no approval, no denial, nothing.

poisonpanik

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Anyone have a good link to a copy of the NDAA policy for IMAs?? I've tried google but it keeps pulling up PEBforum as the top results.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">